Star Trek: Enterprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek: Enterprise

i don't think we have one of these threads yet.

ok guys... who here is a trekkie?! *me, me* *waves*

what did you guys think of these first two episodes? is that vulcan hot or what?! what a piece of work! (ok, jake needs a g/f )

I still remember watching the original Star Trek when it aired the first time, and my parents just shaking their heads as we watched aliens on TV...

I like most of the Star Trek derivations - all for different reasons. I'm not a big Bakula fan though. I hated the Janeway character though and still watched the show every week.

It is interesting watching this series and I'm trying not to be too critical - and to simply enjoy the show for it's entertainment value. This is quite the challenge - going back to do a pre-Kirk Star Trek. Much has been written about the history of Star Fleet, and we will get to see a good deal of it unfold if the story is done well.

As for the hot Vulcan science officer - it will be very interesting to see how they bring her sexuality into the show. She cannot hide it - her character screams sex, sex, sex - and yet she must suppress her emotions and show that Vulcan logic and cold, passionless Vulcan behavior is the norm for her race. Those of you who remember Spock's problem in the first show with emotion will also recall he was not 100% Vulcan, so the opportunity for internal conflict was intellectually easier to provide.

-t
    Tim Hewitt
    myOstrich Internet - Domain Management & Internet Services
    myOstrich Golf - When it comes to golf, we don't have our heads in the sand.

Comment

you guys are just asking me to spam

Personally I am not convinced about going back in time. Part of star trek is the future techno element to it but perhaps this will be better than Voyager and there slightly incredible ability to discover new technologies
      Christopher Padfield
      Web Based Helpdesk
      DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

I think I'll stick to Farscape...
        - Insert viable disclaimer here -

ArtBeast!

Comment

a guy after my own heart. farscape is far better, far more original and dynamic.
          Christopher Padfield
          Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

And I'm one of those B5 guys. Will I be hated now?
            MCP / MCSA / MCSE / MCT
            A few eggs short of a complete easter basket

vB 4.0.5+ CMS (No hacks), Windows Server 2008 R2 Ent, IIS 7.5, PHP 5.3+ (FastCGI), WinCache, Memcached, MySQL 5.1.45

Comment

Originally posted by TommyBALL
              And I'm one of those B5 guys. Will I be hated now?
              never got into that. Never saw the start and i think you really need to watch it from the beginning to understand...
              Christopher Padfield
              Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                never got into that. Never saw the start and i think you really need to watch it from the beginning to understand...
                Yup. You got that right. Luckily it was written as a continuing story that had was made to last for only five seasons. It was a good storyline. Allthough the episodes that buildt up around the main story was quite a bit more interesting than those that didn't.

I saw a few episodes now and then when it was showing on a norwegian TV-station. Didn't really catch my interest. And then i went to a Sci-Fi movies convention. I saw season 3 and 4 that weekend, and I was hooked big time. And they say "the first one is for free"

- Tommy
                MCP / MCSA / MCSE / MCT
                A few eggs short of a complete easter basket

vB 4.0.5+ CMS (No hacks), Windows Server 2008 R2 Ent, IIS 7.5, PHP 5.3+ (FastCGI), WinCache, Memcached, MySQL 5.1.45

Comment

TOS was sweet. TNG was sweeter. DS9 was ok. Voyager sucked. i think this new series has potential though.

Comment

I am one of those apparently quite rare people who actually quite liked voyager. preferred it to DS9 anyway. The whole wormhole aliens/prophet thing really bugged me but the last season was good.
                    Christopher Padfield
                    Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
                      what did you guys think of these first two episodes?
                      I actually enjoyed the first two episodes, and will be looking forward to watching it each week. I am a TNG fan, but never was able to get into watching Voyager.

is that vulcan hot or what?! what a piece of work! (ok, jake needs a g/f )
                      Yes very hot.... here's a picture of her without her makeup on, and a quote from her:

"I like men who are very cool but also so brilliant that they are almost insane. Sean Penn, Gary Oldman, Tom Waits-men who would be flipping burgers if they hadn't found an outlet for their brilliant mind-sets. I also like men who have hands with big masculine veins that you can squish and move."

Humm, sounds like me

Comment

trekkie here as well

just watched Star Trek First Contact on tv last night, and today they're showing Star Trek Insurrection and then Generation movies

here in OZ we're still a season or two behind in the Voyager and DS9 series
                        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Well, back home we never got the chance to see any of the trek series. I became a fan from the movies. Rath Of Khan was my faviorte. When we finally got satalite and American production basedmovies started poring no ST I subscribed to the wrong chanels and was stuck with it. Saw B5 though and loved it.. When i got to the US I finaly got my real ST experiance. I saw the original series and Voyger. The original was great but out dated I loved voyger. Enterprise looks great. However I need to get my self one of those set top boxes so i would never miss an episode I'm very bad in keeping track of TV series.
                          <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
                          *--------* (IN THE NAME Of ALLAH THE MOST MERCIFUL) *------*
                          ============================================================
                          =================== Turki M. Al-Ballaa =================
                          ============================================================
                          I am a Saudi, I am an Arab, I am a Muslim, I am a Human!!
                          @@ All Humans are one, the only difference is in [email protected]@
                          So peace and prosperity to all, may we all live in harmony.
                          Salam! Peace!

www.arabianoasis.net
                          <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Comment

I haven't been out of my house in a week due to TNN showing the top 90 (or so) Next Generation episodes. Holy mackeral that was great -- Enterprise was pretty good although odd. I'll reserve my judgement after the first season.
                            Matt
                            Sybase DBA / PHP fanatic
                            Sybase v. MySQL v. Oracle | Why I don't like MySQL | Download Sybase TODAY! | Visit DBForums.com!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X