Originally posted by Thomas P
    I use the good ol' PrintScreen-key in NT/2000
    -Tom
    good ol' alt+printscreen

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus
    replied
    I use capturewiz .

The finest ( I reckon ) in the line of screen capturing programs.

check it out here :-

http://pixelmetrics.com/CaptureWiz/CaptureWiz.htm

Im not sure if that sthe right site , it should be though

ciao

Leave a comment:

• klisis
    replied
    When resizing (smaller), you got to use sharp function and I think if you are making the image in JPG, you may want to select the compress at 1% which will give better quality but bigger file size.

Leave a comment:

• express
    replied
    I have a program that is called screenshot around here somewhere that I use, it lets you section off parts of the screen for printing, saving as a file or emailing it. I will try to locate it in the next couple of days and post some info here, Kinda got the flu here so it will be a couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• Thomas P
    replied
    When it comes to resizing you should get best results with Photoshop's Bicubic resampling method (as mentioned by Bender or Eva2k) - at least for size reductions.

If you want to enlarge a picture nothing is better than Spline's advanced s-spline technique: http://www.s-spline.com/

If you change the image size in PS, be sure to take care of the resolution setting (pixel/inch which is dpi).

good luck

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    i find resizing a screen cap in Adobe Photoshop of a better quality then say using my other app www.irfanview.com

Leave a comment:

• Chen
    replied
    Even when you make an image smaller the quality is lower, since the program has to "delete" some pixels.

Either way, the original image is the one with the most quailty.

Leave a comment:

• PDT816
    replied
    Originally posted by Bender
    I don't seem to get it - do you want to make the picture smaller or bigger?
    Making a picture smaller is no problem, making it bigger than the original will always result in a loss of quality, since the graphics program has to calculate new, additional pixels.
    I am sure it's just me, but it does it in every program that I have tried so far. It's not just a marginal reduction in resolution, it's major.

Here's an example:

Leave a comment:

• Bender
    replied
    I don't seem to get it - do you want to make the picture smaller or bigger?
    Making a picture smaller is no problem, making it bigger than the original will always result in a loss of quality, since the graphics program has to calculate new, additional pixels.

Leave a comment:

• Chen
    replied
    No program will give you full quality when resizing a picture.

You can't eat a pie and leave it whole.
    (or something like that )

But I'm really not the authority when it comes to graphics tho.

Leave a comment:

• PDT816
    replied
    I don't think you get my drift here. It's sharp when full sized. it's when I want to make it 4" x 3" for a publication that it loses it's resolution.

Leave a comment:

• Bender
    replied
    No, PDT816, you're not actually printing the screen, just copying it
    I usually press <STRG> + <PRINTSCREEN> (to capture the current window, not the complete screen), then in photoshop <STRG> + N to create a new file, then <STRG> + V to paste the screen into PS.
    Can't see the need for a screencapturing software

Leave a comment:

• c-prompt
    replied
    Print screen copies it exactly how it is. The quality is the same as you are looking at it.

Leave a comment:

• PDT816
    replied
    When I use the "print screen" function, it's definately not print quality.

I need to put this in a broucher, so I need the resolution high so I can resize the image and not loose the quality.

Are and how are you guys doing this?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X