Screen Capture Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Capture Software

Anyone really pleased with a screen capture software program that produces sharp, high resolution captures they are currently using, the programs I am using just don't seem to cut it.

I use the good ol' PrintScreen-key in NT/2000
    -Tom
    www.MCSEboard.de
    German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

just use windows print screen as well

or snagit
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

When I use the "print screen" function, it's definately not print quality.

I need to put this in a broucher, so I need the resolution high so I can resize the image and not loose the quality.

Are and how are you guys doing this?

Comment

Print screen copies it exactly how it is. The quality is the same as you are looking at it.

Comment

No, PDT816, you're not actually printing the screen, just copying it
            I usually press <STRG> + <PRINTSCREEN> (to capture the current window, not the complete screen), then in photoshop <STRG> + N to create a new file, then <STRG> + V to paste the screen into PS.
            Can't see the need for a screencapturing software
            10 SIN
            20 GOTO HELL

Comment

I don't think you get my drift here. It's sharp when full sized. it's when I want to make it 4" x 3" for a publication that it loses it's resolution.

Comment

No program will give you full quality when resizing a picture.

You can't eat a pie and leave it whole.
                (or something like that )

But I'm really not the authority when it comes to graphics tho.
                Chen Avinadav
                Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

I don't seem to get it - do you want to make the picture smaller or bigger?
                  Making a picture smaller is no problem, making it bigger than the original will always result in a loss of quality, since the graphics program has to calculate new, additional pixels.
                  10 SIN
                  20 GOTO HELL

Comment

Originally posted by Bender
                    I don't seem to get it - do you want to make the picture smaller or bigger?
                    Making a picture smaller is no problem, making it bigger than the original will always result in a loss of quality, since the graphics program has to calculate new, additional pixels.
                    I am sure it's just me, but it does it in every program that I have tried so far. It's not just a marginal reduction in resolution, it's major.

Here's an example:

Comment

Even when you make an image smaller the quality is lower, since the program has to "delete" some pixels.

Either way, the original image is the one with the most quailty.
                      Chen Avinadav
                      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

i find resizing a screen cap in Adobe Photoshop of a better quality then say using my other app www.irfanview.com
                        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

When it comes to resizing you should get best results with Photoshop's Bicubic resampling method (as mentioned by Bender or Eva2k) - at least for size reductions.

If you want to enlarge a picture nothing is better than Spline's advanced s-spline technique: http://www.s-spline.com/

If you change the image size in PS, be sure to take care of the resolution setting (pixel/inch which is dpi).

good luck
                          www.MCSEboard.de
                          German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

I have a program that is called screenshot around here somewhere that I use, it lets you section off parts of the screen for printing, saving as a file or emailing it. I will try to locate it in the next couple of days and post some info here, Kinda got the flu here so it will be a couple of days.
                            Real Web Host

Comment

When resizing (smaller), you got to use sharp function and I think if you are making the image in JPG, you may want to select the compress at 1% which will give better quality but bigger file size.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X