Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    If a user suspects a site from being unlicensed they can be reported.
    Before it goes from jelsoft report system to piratereports.com it will be checked if it shows as licensed in our system. If not .. (aka, the license does NOT point to the URL that is reported but it does run vBulletin) .. then piratereports.com has the URL in their system and does a check before contacting the site owner/ hosting company.

So if the site is licensed, nothing will happen.

Leave a comment:

• derfy
    replied
    Originally posted by xjuliox View Post
    I don't report them because i can't tell which one's are real or nulled.
    It does no harm to report a licensed board. That's why we're required to keep our forum info up to date in the member's area.

Leave a comment:

• xjuliox
    replied
    I don't report them because i can't tell which one's are real or nulled.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by BetaWaffle View Post
    I thought we were talking about forums using pirated versions of vbulletin,not pirating websites that run vbulletin
    I believe that's what this thread originally was intended for.

Leave a comment:

• BetaWaffle
    replied
    Originally posted by ALC View Post
    I wouldn't report a Piracy, Downloading, Warez, or a hacking forum to be honest.

For one, there's quite a few forums like this now. Forums like WarezScene, KatzForums, and so on - Use vBulletin.
    I thought we were talking about forums using pirated versions of vbulletin,not pirating websites that run vbulletin

Leave a comment:

• GregoryK
    replied
    Yup, if I knew or suspected they were running a pirated software I'd report them. I have a lot of money tied up in my various forums, most running another software and one running vB with several vB addons, 2 purchased and a couple of free ones. Why should someone else get away with using "my" software choice for free?

Leave a comment:

• Suiram
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook View Post
    Why are you calling me out?
    ahhh, maybe because you said: "and I have. Several times in fact."
    so you must have had your reasons... and i was curious...
    and i see you both gave reasons that involved "user activity".
    i'd still be curious to see what would prompt anyone to report a site without any such activity - and without obvious stuff like a post on the forums or something that states "we use pirated vb". and i mean just by looking at the site, not the code/sn for example.

Leave a comment:

• ALC
    replied
    I wouldn't report a Piracy, Downloading, Warez, or a hacking forum to be honest.

For one, there's quite a few forums like this now. Forums like WarezScene, KatzForums, and so on - Use vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Ashbrook
    replied
    Oh, I've also had people PM me on this site for vB support while they have 0 posts, and everytime I tell them I can't help them and report the forum they link too.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Ashbrook
    replied
    Originally posted by Suiram View Post
    so what leads you guys to assume they are pirated? what clue might give it away for you ? (weather you are right or wrong)
    do you automatically report any "warez" site assuming they must have also pirated the forum software itself ? what ??
    surely, you ryan, could give some examples without naming the sites.
    Why are you calling me out?

Regardless it's basically instinct, if it simply looks like the site is pirated then I will report it. No harm done if it wasn't pirated.

A prime example is when a vB admin requests support on how to do something in vB on an admin site (TAZ, AdminFusion, etc.) and they are several versions behind with virtually no plugins installed.

And no, I don't just report warez sites, in fact, I've never reported a warez site because I've never come across one that uses vB. I don't go searching for warez sites nor do I search for pirated vB's. If I happen to come across one I think is pirated then I will report it, it's just as simple as that.

Leave a comment:

• BetaWaffle
    replied
    Originally posted by Suiram View Post
    so what leads you guys to assume they are pirated? what clue might give it away for you ? (weather you are right or wrong)
    do you automatically report any "warez" site assuming they must have also pirated the forum software itself ? what ??
    well for example i went on a forum and the admin was stupif enough to post this,and said if any one has any mods please tell me,becuase i cant get any from vbulletin.com becuase this is not a registered copy

Leave a comment:

• Suiram
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook View Post
    Yes, I would, and I have. Several times in fact.
    Originally posted by BetaWaffle View Post
    ...i do report peoples forum that i dont know

Leave a comment:

• BetaWaffle
    replied
    Well mines kinda a no and yes becuase I know some people with pirated ones and there my friends but at the same time,i do report peoples forum that i dont know

Leave a comment:

• TomJames
    replied
    Originally posted by Greps View Post
    what, was I supposed to write a long and dramatic diatribe about how much I hate piracy and how I rush to snitch out every illegal forum I see? no dice, I don't. if there's nothing in it for me, then I'll never bother. all those illegal boards have no effect whatsoever on the operation of my boards, so I couldn't care less.
    No, I was wondering how pirates help you decide what software to buy. I don't often find pirates breaking into my house, sticking a cutlass to my neck and telling me to buy vBulletin / IPB.

I assume you meant that piracy as opposed to pirates helped (helps?) you choose which software to buy. In which case I understand what you're saying. When I read it last night I was rather more tired and didn't manage to figure out that you meant piracy (I assume).

Leave a comment:

• Greps
    replied
    Originally posted by TomJames View Post
    Eh?
    what, was I supposed to write a long and dramatic diatribe about how much I hate piracy and how I rush to snitch out every illegal forum I see? no dice, I don't. if there's nothing in it for me, then I'll never bother. all those illegal boards have no effect whatsoever on the operation of my boards, so I couldn't care less.

Leave a comment: