Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WordPress 2.7 and an imitatable example!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you need to edit your configuration file? I am using vBulletin for over five years now and I think I had to change the file less then four times.
    That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase View Post
      How often do you need to edit your configuration file? I am using vBulletin for over five years now and I think I had to change the file less then four times.
      I only changed it when moving servers and once to use memcache

Comment

Originally posted by Cromulent View Post
        I like the fact that if you forget to do the configuration file before you start the install it lets you make it in a web interface rather than having to do it by hand.

That is something I'd love to see vBulletin do. I always forget to do my configuration file.
        vBulletin 2.0 did this if the file/directory was writable, but generally it causes more problems than its worth. There were rare setups I ran into where the file would be locked and not editable by the ftp/ssh user because php/web server created/edited it instead.

In my personal opinion the base install should be as simple as humanly possible, which is what seems like the goal for 3.0 was. You don't have to do anything extra aside from editing the configuration file, and running the installer.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          vBulletin 2.0 did this if the file/directory was writable, but generally it causes more problems than its worth. There were rare setups I ran into where the file would be locked and not editable by the ftp/ssh user because php/web server created/edited it instead.

In my personal opinion the base install should be as simple as humanly possible, which is what seems like the goal for 3.0 was. You don't have to do anything extra aside from editing the configuration file, and running the installer.
          If I recall correctly, the first iterations of vB3 did it too, no?

Must investigate this.

Ahh, I was wrong. Nevermind.
          Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Don't doubt my mastery of vB knowlege ;P

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase View Post
              True, but it is these features that give you a nice warm feeling when you realise you have made a mistake and the software does it all for you anyway .

Comment

Wow you can drag around some boxes. Big deal.
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Hey how is that done with javascript anyway? Make the DIV follow your mouse cursor onclick? Rewrite the position in every 1 milisecond?
                  Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                    Wow you can drag around some boxes. Big deal.
                    Is this all what you got?
                    Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Milado View Post
                      Is this all what you got?
                      I don't think he uses it, they improved it a lot more than "oh I can move some boxes around".

Comment

The embedded video on that page hasn't worked since the day it was published. Kind of disappointing. I tried for a week now.

Comment

Floris, does this one work for you: http://v.wordpress.com/wp-content/pl...?guid=hFr8Nyar ?

Both are working for me.
                          That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                            The embedded video on that page hasn't worked since the day it was published. Kind of disappointing. I tried for a week now.
                            Have no problems with the video myself. Maybe you're missing a Codec.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I just get the embedded video, but then the black frame changes to ' Sorry, this video is no longer available.'

Comment

if its youtube just visit youtube.com, this always happens

if not, well then Ill just... uhm... go away
                                Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X