Anybody use Boonex - Dolphin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody use Boonex - Dolphin?

Does anybody here use Boonex's "Smart Community Builder", Dolphin? (It's free)

http://www.boonex.com/products/dolphin/

It is a fantastic CMS/community-builder and has so many features. I have been testing it and playing around with it for the past few months. Although I do not use it on a live environment, I do have some envisions...

If any of you use that script and have a community built with it, I am interested in seeing what you've got.

Regards,
    Nick

I've worked with it before. It is a nightmare code-wise. Some of the messiest code and database structure I have ever seen.

Comment

I have tried it and it had to many bugs, but did like what they were trying to do with it. It just another clone script that has to many design problems. It is nice for kids to start playing with it and when they want something better, then they can pay for a well coded script like vBulletin.

Comment

Well I guess I'm not having those bad experiences (yet) because I'm not heavily using it.

I know somebody who is using it in a live environment, so I'll see what they have to say about it.
        Regards,
        Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          Well I guess I'm not having those bad experiences (yet) because I'm not heavily using it.

I know somebody who is using it in a live environment, so I'll see what they have to say about it.
          Any news on vBulletin and Dolphin integration?

Comment

Originally posted by johnbmtl View Post
            LOL... never.
            Regards,
            Nick

Comment

Originally posted by johnbmtl View Post
              Considering the Boonex site gives a 403 forbidden error...
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

ok, don't look at me, but i was on the Dolphin project for 6 months and i left because the code i had to upgrade was soooooooooo spacey, it was impossible to work it out. that was 4 years ago, and i think they never changed the code. the usual... why change something that work today...
                oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Boonex is a nightmare of a system... don't go near it is my advice.

Comment

It is a very hard to install system, it requires so many different applets and plug-ins to get even the core system running.

There are plenty of other free (Much better) solutions out there.
                    Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

Boonex Dolphin Scam Script is the most ugly and terrible piece of code I've ever seen!!! Try to digg in the code, change something substantially - and you'll see yourself that it has architecture that is impossible to deploy. Structured programming mixed with OOP that violates all normal rules of OOAD, ugly and difficult to read style of coding - man I'm so angry and disappointed with it - current project I'm building upon it is late because I HAD TO REIMPLEMENT MOST SOCIAL NETWORKING FEATURES what was done because of tight coupling of code and terrible design in general…> Don't even think of buying it if you plan to change at least something about it substantially. It might work if you plan to stick with it while making minor changes - mostly styles and colors. But everything over that will make you regret…
                      I haven't tried other Boonex products yet (and never will do so!), but DOLPHIN IS THE WORST SCRIPT I'VE EVER SEEN. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND USING OTHER PRODUCTS - there are plenty of them.
                      Considering previous post - why someone wants to lie about company whereabouts? There's no other answer but to fool customers. They say they offer quality product with customer support, which is a big lie. Boonex Scam Script has a lot of complaints all around the web. Try googling Boonex complaints. Report to www.BBB.org if you have your own complaint.
                      Don't get fooled - use SocialEngine, JomSocial, Drupal, etc instead. Boonex is a scam.

Comment

I just found it when I was looking around for social networking software and ran into this thread also. I found this on a blog. I hope it helps someone before they spend any money.

I just want my ****ing money back. I read all the claims above and I can say that most of them are true from my brief time trying to get the software working. The whole thing is a scam to collect $$$$ I had to pay to access their forums and pay to remove ads from the software (which never worked by the way). I sent numerous emails to support staff…contacted their “Agents” and only received a reply back when I left a nasty comment on one agents page. But the reply didn’t address my issues – it was totally unprofessional and irrelevant.

Their premium members are full of ****. They will screw with you and call you newb trying to make you feel stupid which I guess makes most people sign up for “Premium” membership so then they will have that “Premium” tag on their forum avatar. They have special hidden forums for Premium members apparently.
                        Don’t be fooled and sucked in. You’ll be paying and paying and paying. Luckily I got out at $45 and just called it a loss. PayPal will NOT refund your money. I REPEAT:

PAYPAL WILL NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY!

So do NOT buy unless maybe you have lots of $$$ and can buy their $999 plan which bumps you up to premium status immediately and *MAY* give you some response from their staff.
                        If you are scammed, you need to file a report with the Australian authorities,
                        http://www.acma.gov.au/interforms/au...act_advice.asp

If you were scammed out of a large amount, I suggest contacting the FBI as well even though this company is in Australia, their web host is in the U.S.
                        https://support.hostforweb.com/i

File an abuse complaint with them as well and let them know you will be filing a complaint on their hosting company with the BBB and the Illinois Attorney Generals Office -Consumer Fraud Complaints Department for hosting fraudulent websites and allowing abuse on their networks that break their own TOS:
                        http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.g...complaint.html

Host Info:
                        HostForWeb Inc, 7061 N. Kedzie
                        Room 302, Chicago IL 60645
                        This hosts TOS can be found at
                        http://hostforweb.com/terms.php

Where you will see a long list of forbidden activities. One being “Fraudulent Sites of any kind”

REPORT! REPORT! REPORT!

Comment

JomSocial is probably the best I've seen out there.
                          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X