vBulletin 4 - New theme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin 4 - New theme?

Just wondering, when vBulletin 4 comes out - do you think there will be a new theme? Also, will this new theme be different then any other customized skin?

Post your opinions.

Jelsoft has already confirmed that vBulletin 4 will debut a brand new theme.

Comment

Yes, thats what I heard, but I think.... that they should elt the members make a skin for it. The winning skin would be on Bulletin v4.

Comment

I wonder how it will look different than the current default style. I can't imagine better templates, css... etc

But who knows, Kier might have some cool inspirations.
        $post[signature]

Comment

Are you serious, Mazinger?

On my side, I cannot think of any part of the default skin that doesn't need major change. It's very outdated, and falls through on some basic design principles. I can hardly wait for vBulletin 4 and the new design. If it wasn't for Jelsofts promises, I would have considered phpBB for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Garamond View Post
            I would have considered phpBB for the future.
            I'm very impressed with phpBB3 new style theme also, and after seeing a quick "preview" the other day of the new IPB3 front-page, along with a few demo screenshots of the forum as well.

phpBB3 style put's that to shame also.

vBulletin should take a leaf out of phpBB3 new theme, just as a general direction to head in. Because I'd say, as of right now. phpBB3 have the best web 2 forum board theme going in "ProSilver". Colour wise, does leave a bit to be desired, but design wise - they've done a fantastic job.

The colours can be changed anyway easily using http://beta.colorizeit.com/index.php...pbb3_prosilver. Without any css editing
            Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 13 Nov '08, 3:44pm.

Comment

new theme yes, and I think it will be full CSSized
              Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

I also have to add, I've seen the IPB3 preview and it is HORRID, Oh my god my eyes D:

Makes me glad that I chose vBulletin over IPB.

Please don't make vB4 as crappy as IPB3....I have very high hopes for the new version and hope to see an improvement, not a disgrace.

Comment

I know they will be using external forces to get this one as good as possible, let us just hope they use competent people - because it will really take something special to beat phpBB's brilliant design.

Comment

phpBB's "prosilver" is just a brushed up version of their original subSilver design with a different color scheme, postbit reversed and added borderless corners, that's all it is in retrospect.

I would post pics of the IPB3 preview but i don't think that would be allowed, however, it is absolutely horrible looking IMO. It looks more like a portal within the forum instead of a forum software itself.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeSmoke View Post
                      phpBB's "prosilver" is just a brushed up version of their original subSilver design with a different color scheme, postbit reversed and added borderless corners, that's all it is in retrospect.

I would post pics of the IPB3 preview but i don't think that would be allowed, however, it is absolutely horrible looking IMO. It looks more like a portal within the forum instead of a forum software itself.
                      I don't think it's horrid at all. It looks similar to phpBB3. What browser did you view it in? As it's an alpha skin (meaning a LOT can and will be changed,) there were still a lot of issues with both IE and Firefox.
                      Forums

Comment

I browsed with FireFox2

I dislike that huge gap from the forums to the statistics, it looks just bad.....

I'll have to wait and see how the final product turns out and I do indeed hope they change alot of their stuff cuz as it stands now, it's really bad...

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeSmoke View Post

That made me laugh.

vBulletin's skin is just like IPB but vBulletin has a different color scheme. IPB has their pagination on the left while vBulletin's is on the right...
                          I could go on but it's pointless, you should get the idea.
                          You can't drastically change any forum layout where it looks completely unique.

Comment

Originally posted by harmor View Post
                            You can't drastically change any forum layout where it looks completely unique.
                            Well I still trust Kier's design skills, he could impress all of us.

(just dont get cocky now)
                            Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X