Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod Touch

Does anybody here have the iPod Touch?

I've been considering getting one... but I'm just not sure. I'd like some personal reviews on them if possible...

I always have my outdated iPod Nano (generation 1) with me and I listen to music all the time (in the little time that I actually have ). My music is important to me.

What really draws me to the iPod touch is its internet capabilities (picks up Wi-Fi). Currently, I have no access to the internet on a mobile device. I just don't pay for that on my phone plan because browsing the internet via my cell phone is not a comfortable experience, and I'm very picky about being "comfortable" while browsing.

I also like that it can sync my contacts and mail with Outlook 2007.

Additionally, they have hundreds of neat little apps that I can add to it. Things to suit my wants/needs.

What have any of you heard/read/experienced with the iPod Touch?
    Regards,
    Nick

I love my iPod Touch. I was concerned about the extra cost before purchasing it, but I've had no regrets since then.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

My father has one, and I must say I'm very impressed with it.

And I don't like iPod's.
      Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

don't know what I'd do without my iPhone. Awesome thing.
        www.pst-uk.co.uk
        www.refchat.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by dabollicks View Post
          don't know what I'd do without my iPhone. Awesome thing.
          Not the iPhone... the iPod Touch.
          Regards,
          Nick

Comment

Same thing, just has phone capabilities.

I love my iPod touch as well, and similar to you I had upgraded from my old iPod mini (I know, old. ).
            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Not the iPhone... the iPod Touch.
              Pretty Much the same thing...

However the iPhone comes with telephone and camera hardware and the device costs $30.00 less. The iPhone can also receive internet over the airwaves so you don't need to be at a wifi hotspot. It does require a two year contract in most places and the service will run about $100 a month if I remember correctly.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                Pretty Much the same thing...

However the iPhone comes with telephone and camera hardware and the device costs $30.00 less. The iPhone can also receive internet over the airwaves so you don't need to be at a wifi hotspot. It does require a two year contract in most places and the service will run about $100 a month if I remember correctly.
                I know they're pretty close but there is most likely a big difference in some features/applications, not to mention the phone and camera.

I recently renewed my 2-year service contract with AT&T and got a new phone (the Razr) so to cancel the plan and buy the iPhone would add up. Plus the monthly fee which, yes, is $99/month.
                Regards,
                Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  I know they're pretty close but there is most likely a big difference in some features/applications, not to mention the phone and camera.
                  Other than the phone/camera, not really. All of the applications come from the Apps store, which is on the device as well as iTunes.

Comment

The ipod touch is really nice and I would buy one if I didn't have the iphone already. If your going to use the apps or watch movies on it, then this is a great buy.

One thing I found is that its easier to go through music on the regular ipod's than the touch because you have physical buttons to work with. I can jump to the next song by clicking a button on my headphones but I can't replay the song or FF without "opening" the screen. Its just something slight I noticed but its worth considering if all your doing is listening to music on it.

Contacts and Calendar (not sure if cal comes with touch) -- are the best feature ever and its why I bought the iphone.

Email: You can only get new mail off the server... it's not like my old palm which would literally sync the email on in my outlook client to my palm (which was a pita anyway). And anyway, emails are limited to like 50 or a 100 per acct set up so its great for seeing what came in today/this week but your not going to be using it find an email from your friend last month. Just something to keep in mind about it.
                    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

I don't have a ipod touch, but I used to have an iPhone. I got rid of it because it lacked several features like "copy and paste". Another thing about the iPhone that I disliked was the terrible battery life that it had! Oh and the virtual keyboard was a PITA for me.

Comment

I have an iPhone and an iPod touch. The touch has the advantage of having a smaller footprint and more storage, but it's also more expensive. But in the long term, the lack of an annual contract will actually give it a lower total cost of ownership in the long run.
                        Forums

Comment

Originally posted by raiderlax View Post
                          I don't have a ipod touch, but I used to have an iPhone. I got rid of it because it lacked several features like "copy and paste". Another thing about the iPhone that I disliked was the terrible battery life that it had! Oh and the virtual keyboard was a PITA for me.
                          Same here. I had an iPhone for a while, but ditched it because the lack of features, and because I needed a Smart Phone, something the iPhone certainly is not, so I ended up getting the Treo Pro and I love it.

Getting used to the virtual keyboard wasn't too bad, but I prefer a physical keyboard like the Treo, but the biggest thing for me was the OS, as I would much rather have Windows Mobile.

My next phone will probably be the HTC Touch HD when it's released here.
                          Webmaster / Administrator
                          www.MegaGames.com
                          www.MGForums.com

Comment

there are so many new gadgets with the i in front of them, ipod iphone. whats next? icar? (Would be cool) it gets confusing half the time, i have a ipod 80GB used to use it alot. but now i got a nokia N95 which has everything ill ever need (Apart from money and a nice blonde haired girlfriend)
                            Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

My wife has one and loves it It's a 1st gen...
                              Bob- (pank)
                              pankpages.com / http://twitter.com/_pank

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X