This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrNase View Post
    This is quite funny because my dad has the same problems… But he is using Windows XP.
    I am guessing that your old man will have to go online a lot more. Just like my uncle.
    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
    Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Only ever bought one PC and that was back in 1998 - since then I've updated components as I felt it necessary and built it for myself. Use to sit on a nice big desk in an 'office' at home with a 20Mb broadband line but a split from the wife late and I'm back in a bedroom at my mum's on a wee workstation in the corner on a very temperamental Talk Talk broadband line.

Still running Windows XP though as use my mum's Vista Laptop from time to time and hate that OS (so far). Works fine for me, is compatible with all my hardware and software so don't see the need to change.
      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -
      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
      - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
      - "Quick Route" Interface...
      - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Originally posted by Trevster View Post
        Only ever bought one PC and that was back in 1998 - since then I've updated components as I felt it necessary and built it for myself. Use to sit on a nice big desk in an 'office' at home with a 20Mb broadband line but a split from the wife late and I'm back in a bedroom at my mum's on a wee workstation in the corner on a very temperamental Talk Talk broadband line.

Still running Windows XP though as use my mum's Vista Laptop from time to time and hate that OS (so far). Works fine for me, is compatible with all my hardware and software so don't see the need to change.
        Many people don't like Vista.

You might have well and truely built your pc from scratch but at different times you will have trouble getting parts for an 11 year old computer. It's not that easy any more.

You will find once your pc breaks down you will have to buy a new pc and start again. Best to do that every three to 5 years. Within that time you can build up your pc again with newer parts.
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

Originally posted by hawksgirl View Post
          Many people don't like Vista.

You might have well and truely built your pc from scratch but at different times you will have trouble getting parts for an 11 year old computer. It's not that easy any more.

You will find once your pc breaks down you will have to buy a new pc and start again. Best to do that every three to 5 years. Within that time you can build up your pc again with newer parts.
          I'll clarify - the PC I got has over time had components updated. What I run now has nothing left from the original PC - indeed, it's oldest part is a 3 year old DVD-RW...
          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
          - "Quick Route" Interface...
          - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Originally posted by hawksgirl View Post
            I know you aren't talking to me. I was also looking around for HP or Acer. I found them both to be expensive for what I wanted.
            Compaq was in a package with the monitor, keyboard, mouse and hard drive.
            I'd never buy a Compaq model, even though they are made by Hewlett Packard. Acer sells good wholesale parts for cases, processors and power supplies but the rest of their hardware is subpar. I'd rather pay more for solid hardware or build it myself.

I have HPs because they were cheaper than I could build them myself. They aren't top of the line but they are good enough for a mix of gaming, business applications and web development. I didn't pay more than $750 US for either of my HP Computers. monitors, keyboards, mice and printers tend to last longer than computers themselves so I never buy all those parts together.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              I'd never buy a Compaq model, even though they are made by Hewlett Packard. Acer sells good wholesale parts for cases, processors and power supplies but the rest of their hardware is subpar. I'd rather pay more for solid hardware or build it myself.

I have HPs because they were cheaper than I could build them myself. They aren't top of the line but they are good enough for a mix of gaming, business applications and web development. I didn't pay more than $750 US for either of my HP Computers. monitors, keyboards, mice and printers tend to last longer than computers themselves so I never buy all those parts together.
              Good to hear as I am doing an assignment on the interface of the compaq computers.
              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

That is my work station for at home. The top one is just of my computer. The bottom image is of my printer and hard drive along with my computer desks
                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

You can't even fall asleep in your chair! Poor man.
                  Michael Biddle - Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Biddle View Post
                    You can't even fall asleep in your chair! Poor man.
                    Not meant to fall asleep in my chair, Mick.
                    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

• Tbh i think i win, second monitor is acting up again (cable needs replacing)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X