Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well right now I have a toshiba laptop with 2 400 GB HDD's with windows vista 32 bit and a mouse attached for gaming and i think thats fine for me cuz im 13 years old anyway nice office guys and i wish i could work there when im older

Comment

That's a pretty slick "office", lol.

Comment

I had my 32" and 2 20" screens running, but now I just have my 2 20" screens and I am happy with that setup. (my desk was running out of space before lol)
        Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

heres mine

Comment

Why Jealous

Alienware ALX

Saucer Silver Case with Alien FX Blue
            Overclocked Intel Core i7-965 Extreme 3.86 GHz 8MB Cache
            Alienware High-Performance Liquid Cooling + Acoustic Dampening
            Alienware 1200 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
            Dual 1,792 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295
            12GB DDR3 SDRAM 1600MHz
            Intel X-58 Motherboard Socket 1366 Core i7 Ready Dual Triple Channel DDR3 Memory
            4TB SATA 3Gb/s 7,200RPM 2 x 32MB Cache
            2 x Blu-ray Burner (6x Dual Layer BD-RE, DVD±RW, CD-RW)
            Killer Xeno Pro
            Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer High Definition 7.1 Audio
            Dell 24" 1600P
            Bose Sound System.
            Logitech Wireless

http://picasaweb.google.com/KCiKees/MyPCAndToys

This is my second ALX one serves now as a homeserver
            Last edited by kcikees; Thu 16th Apr '09, 9:35pm.
            KCi aka Rhyze

Comment

^^ Nice & clean setup, except for the weird laptop in a drawer! The red car minimodel is super cool, is it a Camaro?
              You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

Is the Alienware any good? Tempted to get one once I need to replace my iMac.
                - TomJames

Comment

Originally posted by TomJames View Post
                  I'd been a Dell user for years.
                  When my Dell died, I replaced it with an AlienWare.
                  I got the 64 bit with 12GB of RAM and a 10,000 HDD.
                  I love it.
                  Cliff
                  PathLabTalk
                  Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

Originally posted by dilbert View Post
                    I'd been a Dell user for years.
                    When my Dell died, I replaced it with an AlienWare.
                    I got the 64 bit with 12GB of RAM and a 10,000 HDD.
                    I love it.
                    Or buy it for half the price and build yourself
                    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

so so jealous

Comment

Originally posted by TomJames View Post
                        If you are already talking crazy by replacing a mac with a pc, I might as well ask you to ship the imac to me please, lolktnx.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                          If you are already talking crazy by replacing a mac with a pc, I might as well ask you to ship the imac to me please, lolktnx.
                          Lol, just looking at my options when I need to replace it. Might go with a Mac Pro perhaps, but certainly am tempted by some of HPs higher end offerings as well.
                          - TomJames

Comment

Originally posted by Kier View Post
                            Those pictures were taken within about 2 minutes of each other, so no, they are not always eating.

I use a Mac Pro at home, but I'm still struggling along with a Pentium D based Dell at work (as do we all).
                            Dell isn't that good of a brand for what you want it to do for your work. Compaq is better.

Great pics by the way. I noticed that I could see Jake Bunce knawing on something.
                            Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                            Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Originally posted by hawksgirl View Post
                              Dell isn't that good of a brand for what you want it to do for your work. Compaq is better.

Great pics by the way. I noticed that I could see Jake Bunce knawing on something.
                              Compaq are horrible machines. I am sure their workstations are perfect line up for their expansive server. But .. that's about it. For an office to get compaq machines and then have 1 problem .. you dont want to attempt repairing it, you just want to buy a new one .. which you will have to do a lot.

No, I consulted a few times for companies moving from windows to unix platform, or from old unix to windows .. and I always recommended against compaq, and will keep doing so. Dell professional line is pretty stable, machines last for 10 years, and the return/warranty/swapping machines, etc contracts are pretty solid for business. I am not sure if Dell is the best choice, but it is a good one. Compared to Compaq.

And yes, that is speaking out of experience (and not just by saying no to compaq, but by installing ranges of compaq machines and maintenance contracts that meant nothing)..

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                                Compaq are horrible machines. I am sure their workstations are perfect line up for their expansive server. But .. that's about it. For an office to get compaq machines and then have 1 problem .. you dont want to attempt repairing it, you just want to buy a new one .. which you will have to do a lot.

No, I consulted a few times for companies moving from windows to unix platform, or from old unix to windows .. and I always recommended against compaq, and will keep doing so. Dell professional line is pretty stable, machines last for 10 years, and the return/warranty/swapping machines, etc contracts are pretty solid for business. I am not sure if Dell is the best choice, but it is a good one. Compared to Compaq.

And yes, that is speaking out of experience (and not just by saying no to compaq, but by installing ranges of compaq machines and maintenance contracts that meant nothing)..
                                I have a Compaq at home that's been running good for about 4 years, but I'm pretty sure I lucked out on it, it used to be a school computer which I repaired.

I always recommend HP (note, NOT anything labeled with Compaq, just HP), you can't really go wrong with a custom build HP, which is what the one I'm using right now is. It's an HP TouchSmart with 500 GB HDD, BD-ROM, 4 GB RAM, Vista 64-bit, etc. It is a really nice computer, and I highly recommend it.

Plus, you get added space because the entire thing is all one unit, no tower involved.
                                Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X