• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please recommend me a cms.

Hi all,

I am looking for a simple cms that will allow me to run this script on it:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=173698

I need a cms that allows me to use that script so my members can login on any page. I don't need vBulletin integration or anything big.

I have been using Expression Engine lately, but it does not get along with that script. I like EE because I can make a template for my header and one for my footer and then add that to every page I make. I can also decide that template is used for each page. It is so easy for designers. I want to be able to use my own css and html.

But more importantly I want the login script. Can anyone please recommend me a cms that does the above?

Thanks a ton.
    last + blue = lsatblu

Tales Otaku Admin - Tales Forums Admin

you'd need to do a lot of customisations to a 3rd party cms to make that work.

you're probably better off using the web-templates customisation / vbadvanced if you want to intergrate your users.

Comment

Originally posted by Seanie View Post
      you'd need to do a lot of customisations to a 3rd party cms to make that work.

you're probably better off using the web-templates customisation / vbadvanced if you want to intergrate your users.
      I would go with vBadvanced or subDreamer. They both will intergrate well with vB very well.
      "You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me."

Comment

I would personally recommend joomla, it seems to be the best CMS out there.
        Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

The reason I didn't want to go with web templates is because it requires the /forums/ to be in every url and I think the same for vbadvance..

Edit: Or does the /forums/ in the url not bother you? Is that bad for SEO?
          Last edited by lsatblu; Sun 19 Oct '08, 1:03am.
          last + blue = lsatblu

Comment

I really don't see why it's bad for SEO.

Search Engine Spiders that visit my site, pull from the archives of the forums. Not from the CMS.

Comment

Yeah, why do you say it's bad for SEO to have the full URL in webpages that lead to the forum? That doesn't make any sense to me.

And I was going to say why don't you just use a free HTML template as your CMS. If you server allows php include in HTML. you can display just about anything from your forum in HTML templates by adding some code to your .htaccess file.

I do the same with my mrGTB site to include a php comment system in my HTML templates.

The good thing about HTML templates is you can change all the colours to match the forum via the CSS file, and basicly make it your own. of course it requires manual coding unlike Wordpress or Drupal etc. But you have total control over everything though. And if you only want a small CMS. Thats the way I'd go. As long as your servers allows you to display php in html.

Comment

Edit: I hate going back and forth. I am just going to use simple php with includes for the site and that script.
                Thanks all.
                Last edited by lsatblu; Sun 19 Oct '08, 3:54pm.
                last + blue = lsatblu

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X