Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1QuickSI
    replied
    Floris, I am running the latest and greatest Unfortunatly CAPTCHYA was not "important" enough to make this release I guess. The issue at hand is to use PT as a help desk you need to allow guest posting for those that have trouble logging in. Thus open to SPAM and the reason of my request.
    I was told to solve it close it to guest posting but that in itself then completly makes the software useless in my case.

Hopefully in the near future PT will be more closely integrated with the core system using its abilities.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I am not familiar enough with version 2.0 of the PT, but if you're still on 1.x you might consider upgrading to get it as new functionality.

Leave a comment:

• 1QuickSI
    replied
    Originally posted by Chimpie View Post
    What is spam such a problem with support ticket systems? I've talked to a few different people and they say that they receive a lot of spam. Is it the widely popular [email protected] addresses?
    I would say [email protected] is relatively popular. For me it was out of control with an average of 9,000+ SPAM emails a week It was so bad trying to weed through them placed a strain on the server and manualy searching for valid email was impossible. Completly removed email support and went to Project Tools as a viable alternative. My only MAJOR COMPLAINT is not being able to use CAPTCHYA to help fight the sporatic SPAM posts.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Yeah, people "guess" addresses, and once you post your support address somewhere spammers pick it up. DeskPro comes with a 'learn this is spam' option though. But .. pre-sales questions are best to ask on their site rather than here on vBulletin.com

Leave a comment:

• Chimpie
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris View Post
    Chris Padders used to be on the Jelsoft team, if I remember correctly as support staff. But he currently is not. I am doing a tiny bit of tech support for deskpro in the rare moments I am free, and choose to watch either tv or remove spam from their ticket list.
    What is spam such a problem with support ticket systems? I've talked to a few different people and they say that they receive a lot of spam. Is it the widely popular [email protected] addresses?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Chris Padders used to be on the Jelsoft team, if I remember correctly as support staff. But he currently is not. I am doing a tiny bit of tech support for deskpro in the rare moments I am free, and choose to watch either tv or remove spam from their ticket list.

Leave a comment:

• RichM
    replied
    Isn't DeskPro developed by one of the vB developers?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Yeah, DeskPro is not a bad choice for a serious web site that wants to handle email as tickets, and build a knowledgebase. And they now have a vBulletin plugin for intergration.

Leave a comment:

• Chimpie
    replied
    Found it... www.deskpro.com

Leave a comment:

• Chimpie
    started a topic Integrated Ticket System

Integrated Ticket System

I know that there is a ticket system that integrates with vB. I thought it was called Digital Pro or Digital something... but I may be way off based.

Does anyone recall what it is?