Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spammers..........

Hey Guys,
    first post here, so sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I'm a mod on RAO (Ryan Adams Online forums) and recently there's been a huge increase in the amount of spammers. we've IP banned all the ones so far but i wondering if there is anything else we can do? i mean an IP ban is one thing, but is there like a way to ban them from all vBulletin forums? because if they get banned from one site, they're more than likely just going to move to another one dont you think? do you get what im saying?? is there anything bigger that can be done, or is an IP ban the best we can do? The increase in spam, as you can probably guess, is pissing me off.... so if anything could be done, I'd be happy to send a list of users around etc.

Cheers,
    George

IP banning is useless. Besides potentialy trapping legitamite users it is easy to just bounce off a open proxy server to gain a new IP. Look over at vborg as well as simular threads here for insight as to best combat this growing issue.

Seems this is the topic of the month

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X