This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vbcover review / HORRIBLE support

I hate leaving reviews like this and I never ever leave reviews in general, let alone negative. Its not my thing, but today I have to so others who consider any product from vbcover.com to think twice before purchasing. I lost my $169.98, purchased the vbmagazine bundle with branding free upgrade.

The sole purpose of this review is to help you decide for yourself, based on my experience. The seller "Lionel" should have the proper info per product, regarding how many file and template edits must be made for that product. He does not. Only vbcaption has "file and template edits" note, not the numbers. None of the other products have any mention of file or template edits as requirements.

I have literally installed (currently, not just over time) 80+ mods from vbulletin.org. Every single one of them (gratefully, all free) tell you if file or template edits, even code changes are required.

Here are screenshots from vbcover.com product pages for the 4 scripts in that bundle, as proof. Its possible the owner wised up and modified the info to finally show whether or not file/template edits are required. He had the audacity to absurdly lie and claim that the product pages make it clear whether or not they require this. Obviously, they do not as shown below in my screenshots.

Had I known by the product pages (if they were properly advertised) all these dozens of file/template edits were required (literally), I would not have even purchased this. It makes upgrading vbulletin a pain, the software it self and the site style. Today, I lost my $169.98 because Paypal favored the seller for "non tangible item".

Just counted the number of file/template edits not properly advertised in the product requirements:

vbattach: file 1 / templates 8
    vbcaption: files to edit (10) / 27 code changes! / templates 8
    vbmagazine: files to edit (6) / template 4

Strange enough, I visit vbcover.com today and each product link shows this error:

Not Found

The requested URL /forums/vbcart.phps=a47f67ad47f43704e2b58fcf8bdac898& was not found on this server.

Last edited by Chad; Fri 3 Oct '08, 11:05am.
    [ Evidence & Prophecies Fulfilled : click ]
    .:. Unanswered Prayers? /read this\

Only 10 images allowed per post, here are the other two.

[ Evidence & Prophecies Fulfilled : click ]
    .:. Unanswered Prayers? /read this\

Comment

This isn't the place for a discussion like this.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X