Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

October 14 - We're all going to get abducted (or something), apparently..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha! Thanks . Dancing <insert dancing motie> my last few days before the aliens come.

Comment

Current time (As per my linux!) Tue Oct 14, 9:27 AM..... I don't see any aliens... do you?

And i really do love to say this but.

I TOLD YOU SO.

Comment

I was getting worried there! I was at my computer reading this thread, when suddenly there was a knock at the door. Being the concerned citizen that I am, I put on my aluminium hat and found some holy water.

And just in case... I started playing Elvis music.

It turned out to be the DHL delivery guy, but hey, you can never be too careful. For all I know, the next one could be it!

Hey! The package sticker is covering over my last name, how would the delivery guy know who... ? ...!
        Nice try, aliens. I'm on to you.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeS View Post
          I don't see any aliens... do you?
          Well, no extraterrestrial ones at least.
          [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

It seems instead of alien abductions today we got new MacBook and MacBook Pro models.
            Forums

Comment

http://blossom.epicfailed.us/

Comment

Hmm It WAS(is*) voting day in Canada ...

* JUST over but seconds as of this posting

Comment

Ha, today is my sisters birthday

Comment

Originally posted by ShadyNight View Post
                    Hmm It WAS(is*) voting day in Canada ...

* JUST over but seconds as of this posting
                    SHAMEFUL turnouts at that, with a minority government yet again.

Guess she was right there'd be something today ... crap.

Comment

I'll be visiting my Dad again this morning around 10:00 am but I wanted to chime in on this conversation as I used to run Unexplained Phenomena due to a strong relationship I have with varied unexplained phenomena.

Extraterrestrial Beings are real and they have been to the earth. This I know as a fact and no, I can't provide evidence to anyone that doesn't already know or believe this. However there are those individuals that do more disservice to my field of investigation (unexplained phenomena) than they do service. Don't get me wrong there are loose nuts out there that believe in every little thing. I am not one of those.

I have experienced things that brought me over to this side. I am skeptical of most stories but at the same time I am intrigued by them.

I will quote a small piece I originally wrote about this subject on my now shutdown forum.

At this point in time trying to prove the existence of intelligent extraterrestrial life to anyone who has not encountered a UFO or Alien existence from a firsthand experience would be reminiscent of trying to provide substantial evidence that the world was round during a period of time when the majority was convinced that the earth was in fact flat as a pancake. Today we look back and think how naive our ancestors were, to even propose such a preposterous idea, "the world is flat". A hundred years, perhaps even a thousand years down the road from now, it is almost guaranteed that our descendants will be thinking the same exact thought about how naive some people were to believe that we were alone in a gigantic bowl of ever changing, complex, intergalactic soup.

To the credit of scientists and skeptics, evidence of extraterrestrial beings is scarce & without the much needed, non hoaxed, hardcore evidence that can be picked apart by scientists; there will continue being those who are skeptical of all accounts of alien encounters. But the mere lack of hardcore, physical evidence does not equate to a non existence of extraterrestrial life. Just as the lack of evidence supporting a theory claiming the earth had a greater dimensional substance than anyone had previously thought does absolutely nothing to change the reality of how under educated the general world population was. While we are not as poorly educated today, there are certainly a select group of individuals who are akin to the naysayers of a round planet earth.

Comment

Originally posted by KW802 View Post
                        Well, no extraterrestrial ones at least.
                        mmmmmk.

My guess is the reason she will provide for them not being here is:

She got a message late last night telling her that they went up Uranus and took a wrong turn and have now zoomed off in the wrong direction, and it will take another 1000 years to get back.

Using there tom tom, they should be back by Oct 15th, 3008

Comment

At this point in time trying to prove the existence of intelligent extraterrestrial life to anyone who has not encountered a UFO or Alien existence from a firsthand experience would be reminiscent of trying to provide substantial evidence that the world was round during a period of time when the majority was convinced that the earth was in fact flat as a pancake. Today we look back and think how naive our ancestors were, to even propose such a preposterous idea, "the world is flat". A hundred years, perhaps even a thousand years down the road from now, it is almost guaranteed that our descendants will be thinking the same exact thought about how naive some people were to believe that we were alone in a gigantic bowl of ever changing, complex, intergalactic soup.
                          Nonsense.

Why?

Because she said they came to proof to us that there are without a doubt aliens, we will see something that will convince everybody.

When there's nothing there, there's nothing to look at.

Comparing it against actual evidence (we now have proof the earth is round) is something totally different.

Saying we're naive because when promised evidence without doubt, and (yet again) it turns out to be nothing .. is enough for me to not even be naive, but just smile and let these people enjoy their lives with their stories and their own believes.

But saying we're naive because we're not believing, which is why we didn't see anything on the 14th .. that's just nonsense.

Comment

The only realistic alien news that came out this week:
                            http://gizmodo.com/5063806/9000+squa...ur-exploration

I guess the "leaked" info she received was lost in translation when she run it through google.

Comment

That wasn't really a quote I made about a statement of aliens coming to the earth on any date. It was something I wrote about belief in extraterrestrial life in its entirety & extraterrestrial visitations.

I just felt like since we were talking about extraterrestrials that it would fit in. I don't believe she is talking to aliens...unless they are from another country. I personally consider this person who claimed such to be one of those individuals that makes it hard on those such as myself who are not nuts, but have encountered these strange craft or beings.

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                              Nonsense.

Why?

Because she said they came to proof to us that there are without a doubt aliens, we will see something that will convince everybody.

When there's nothing there, there's nothing to look at.

Comparing it against actual evidence (we now have proof the earth is round) is something totally different.

Saying we're naive because when promised evidence without doubt, and (yet again) it turns out to be nothing .. is enough for me to not even be naive, but just smile and let these people enjoy their lives with their stories and their own believes.

But saying we're naive because we're not believing, which is why we didn't see anything on the 14th .. that's just nonsense.

Comment

Comt. Thanks for explaining your quote.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X