• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Some people might wonder why you'd post here then
    To support his SMF
    Sound District

Comment

Wow. What a topic. Filled with insane people. Like me.

Anyways. I prefer vBulletin, not because it's shiny. IPB beats vBulletin in shininess factor, no offense.

I prefer vBulletin because it's easier to use, easy to add forums. (You try going and adding forums in IPB. Then having to set permissions for EACH user group. Also, vBulletin is much easier to modify. MUCH. File edits? Nuu.

Importing XMLs, and uploading files, with an occasional template edit? Yay.

Comment

Originally posted by Greps View Post
        ipb3 > vb3
        it's not out yet though
        Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

Heh, I like IPB and vB, I think IPB is far more attractive (especially their blog software) however functionality wise I prefer vB.

I personally switched from IPB to vB, oh and vB has far better mods

(having said that I'm waiting for IPB 3 to be released so I can see if I'll use that or vB for my next forum)
          - TomJames

Comment

I don't have a credit card, so I can't really purchase vB. My SMF forum is at http://oldrocksongs.net84.net and I installed it myself, not a free forum host.

Personally, I like both IPB and vBulletin, but I hate the way vB displays avatars above posts and I like IPB's skin better.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRockSongs View Post
              Personally, I like both IPB and vBulletin, but I hate the way vB displays avatars above posts and I like IPB's skin better.
              You do know you with a simple flick of a switch in the AdminCP you can change where avatars and the postbit are aligned?
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Where?

Comment

We can't go into specifics, but its a simple yes/no option.

Comment

Mhm, I was just about to point out that you can change the way it displays it if you wanted. I actually quite like the avatar appearing above the post, I think it nicely shows the 'start' of a post (and end of the previous post if you have signatures turned off).
                    - TomJames

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
                      it's not out yet though
                      I imagine he's going by speculation, though, since IPS has revealed quite a bit of the IPB 3 feature set already. And I'd agree with him. I think a fairer comparison would be IPB 3 vs. vBulletin 4, though.
                      Forums

Comment

Don't see the point in this poll at all, this IPB v's vBulletin (current versions) has been done many times with quite predictable results.

Would have been much better to have done a "IPB3 v's vBulletin 3" vote poll. Seeing as IPB3 will be with us before vBulletin 4 is out. And it will be a case of people choosing between IPB3 and vBulletin 3 next (I'm guessing before Christmas too).

Comment

I was just doing this for fun, no need to start arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRockSongs View Post
                            I was just doing this for fun, no need to start arguments.
                            Threads been made too many times
                            vBulletin ususally wins in every thread where ever its made.
                            Sound District

Comment

figures, but I voted for IPB because I like it better.

Comment

well, seeing as that Wayne Luke is having a bad day (probably after taking a look at the IPB forum and reading all the IPB3 goodness) and closing threads left and right, I think it's only fair that we continue our discussion here.

personally, I would like someone like Kier to step in and clarify the current situation - whether or not Jelsoft are going to become more open or stand by and watch some of their oldest customers switch to competition.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X