This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin or IPB?

I like vBulletin better (I think), but IMO IPB looks better and I like the IPB admin CP better. So, choosing, I'd say both.
    vBulletin
    60.98%
    IPB
    14.63%
    Both
    12.20%
    None of 'em!
    12.20%

You are asking this on vb.com, plus you display the names of those who vote. I don't think your results will be predictable.

Although IPB has some really interesting functionality that vb does not have, I am not thinking about jumping ship. I am quite pleased with vb. Although I do wish they would hire more staff to pump out more good stuff.
    I buy 420 forums

Comment

I voted none of them, only really worth voting when IPB3 and vB4 are with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfa1 View Post
        You are asking this on vb.com, plus you display the names of those who vote. I don't think your results will be predictable.

Although IPB has some really interesting functionality that vb does not have, I am not thinking about jumping ship. I am quite pleased with vb. Although I do wish they would hire more staff to pump out more good stuff.
        What kind of good stuff?

Comment

Eek!

IPB is the first paid script I used. I was fine with it. But once I discovered the bigger and better thing -- vBulletin -- I never looked back.
          I now hate IPB from the standpoint of a regular member. The interface just really annoys me to no end.

So vB is my choice
          Regards,
          Nick

Comment

IPB is confusing
            Sound District

Comment

i think vbulletin board is far better than any versions of IPB, but again IMO your asking this Poll on a vbulletin Board which i think will be Predictable in who wins the poll

Comment

Ridiculous poll to have on a vBulletin powered forum.

I voted vBulletin: But I might be biased.

Comment

Downside to IPB is shown here http://www.invisionpower.com/communi.../purchase.html ..someone correct me if im wrong,, but dont you get 1 year of Upgrades with vbulletin an 1 year license ..IPB shows 6months only for both.. i cant see how IPB is supposed to even get a Vote in this Poll

Comment

I thought this was interesting. Draw your own conclusions.

Google search "Powered by vBulletin" - 79,200,000 results
                    Google search "Powered By IP.Board" - 2,800,000 results

One of three things is going on. vBulletin powers more forums, those forums are larger, or those forums are indexed better.
                    ~~~~~

Comment

I voted vBulletin. I might be biased, too.
                      In fact, I am.
                      CemZoo Wiki - The complete anime encyclopedia
                      CemZoo Foros - Spanish Anime & Gaming Community (also browse our archive)

Comment

This is liking going to a Republican convention and asking if they prefer their own party or the Democrats.
                        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Unbiased: big-boards.com > statistics , all the top 25 together aren't even close to number 1: vbulletin.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                            This is liking going to a Republican convention and asking if they prefer their own party or the Democrats.
                            lol nice comparison
                            Close thread please
                            Sound District

Comment

I voted for IPB just because.
                              Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X