3.8 Alpha on vBulletin.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.8 Alpha on vBulletin.com?

Looks really nice to me, although I'm curious, apart from social groups and PMs, what other features have new additions? Just so those who are members here can see EVERYTHING vBulletin 3.8 has compared to 3.7?
    DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

I'm totally confused, it's been less then a year and you're already on to 3.8??

What was the point of getting 3.7 then? lol

Comment

Originally posted by cheat-master30 View Post
      Looks really nice to me, although I'm curious, apart from social groups and PMs, what other features have new additions? Just so those who are members here can see EVERYTHING vBulletin 3.8 has compared to 3.7?
      You can start here http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280752
      ~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by legionofangels2 View Post

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280752

Comment

Funny to see the announcement in my feed reader and the version jump on the upper right, but this thread for the announcement is missing. Weird.

Comment

It's removed it seems. Perhaps we're still biting bugs.

In regards to features, every 'gold' release will include a new feature list.

Comment

Originally posted by legionofangels2 View Post

Now that we have improved resources and additional developers are up to speed, we're trying to increase feature releases as requested by our customer base. This version allows us to build upon 3.7.0's features and make them more worthwhile to the customers.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Are Social Groups gone? I don't see them in my Profile and I could've sworn that is where they were listed (sorry, I'm running 3.6 still and am not really familiar with 3.7).

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                  Are Social Groups gone? I don't see them in my Profile and I could've sworn that is where they were listed (sorry, I'm running 3.6 still and am not really familiar with 3.7).
                  They are turned off at the moment due to a bug. They haven't been removed though.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                    I guess there are ironing out some bugs in that area and thats why they are gone for now. I got an permission error some minutes ago while trying to go to the social groups.

Comment

Ah, OK. Bugs are..... fun!

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

About the stuff in the announcement: That's the first thing I tried, I was more interested in if there are any new features people haven't heard of yet that can be found now vBulletin.com is running 3.8...
                        DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

Comment

Curious, the announcement mentioned a PM search, but all I see is a 'sender' and 'title' search. Inline searching is very much needed for my staff members. I hope inline searching will make it into gold

Comment

Originally posted by derfy View Post
                            Curious, the announcement mentioned a PM search, but all I see is a 'sender' and 'title' search. Inline searching is very much needed for my staff members. I hope inline searching will make it into gold
                            You should start a thread in the suggestions forum for that
                            ~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by derfy View Post
                              I have no details on that, but we're in "alpha/beta" and not in RC where it will be a feature freeze.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X