Remove Text Formatting QQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Text Formatting QQ

The Editor button Remove Text Formatting, what are all the effects that it will remove?

I know it will undo:

Bold
    Italic
    Underline
    Font

Will it do any others of the core product, or does it just undo anything with tags? If it doesn't already, why wasn't it made that way as kind of an undo any tag thing?
    Last edited by legionofangels2; Tue 16 Sep '08, 4:55pm.

It removes all BBCode and formatting from the post except new lines.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      It removes all BBCode and formatting from the post except new lines.
      Ok so it does basically undo all tags. ok gothcha

Yet strange, as I hit the button here it won't remove your quote tags since I quoted your post.

aogbinafo;binfa;bion
      Nor will it do it when I make a new quote. Isn't the Quote a BB code? I guess I'm lost now as to what is and is not a BB code. I thought all the buttons on the editor including custom buttons were bb codes?

Comment

Actually it only removes anything that physically alters the look or appearance of text within posts. But only the text that you have highlighted will be affected, not the entire post...unless of course you hit select all or control + a on your keyboard and then hit remove text formatting.

Bold
        Italic
        Underline
        Font
        Size
        Color

It won't work on Custom BB Codes that use combinations or those effects, such as Bold and Color. I only know this because we have a custom BB code that does (Bold + Color "red") and we have another that combines some things and it won't remove that formatting either.

Comment

it won't work on custom BBCodes, because they are not catered for, there hacks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X