This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way Off-Topic Need help?

I am looking for a forum that needs a moderator or is brand new and needs members. Just post here and I will join!

Also, do you want more details about me? Being a moderator for your forums? Throw some questions at me!

I've recently opened up http://wetalkmovies.net/ - We do need new staff, but only from active members .. so if you desire to be a posting member first, that would be great.

To get your own forum, I recommend you to buy a license here http://www.vBulletin.com/order

Comment

I will join and be active and I cant buy my own, its way to exspensive that why I have been searching for months to find a good chance to become a moderator.

I hate going to VB forums and theres like a million people and I cant even get a chance.

Comment

A good moderator is usually found and picked from the existing userbase. because they know the site, the community, the features, the forum rules, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
          I've recently opened up http://wetalkmovies.net/ - We do need new staff, but only from active members .. so if you desire to be a posting member first, that would be great.

To get your own forum, I recommend you to buy a license here http://www.vBulletin.com/order
          Sorry I cant register there, theres like so many members and posts, I dont think I would be much help.

Think you could help me create my own?

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantvb View Post
            Sorry I cant register there, theres like so many members and posts, I dont think I would be much help.

Think you could help me create my own?
            That is because the site is part of a network. Majority of the users and posts are on wetalk.tv, not on the movies community.

Comment

Could you help me build a forum?

Comment

No, buy a license or get phpBB.

Comment

Ha! Yea right, VB is to exspensive, and PHBB pretty much sucks, compared to VB.

Comment

You know exactly what I mean.

I can not help you build a forum, nor can others. If you want a free license or a 100% discount .. this is not the web site to ask that. If you want a forum but can't afford to pay for anything, you have to go with free solutions, phpBB is one of them. Don't like phpBB, try another alternative.

Once you can buy vBulletin you can use impex to import the data from those forums into vBulletin.

Comment

You know exactly what I mean.

I can not help you build a forum, nor can others. If you want a free license or a 100% discount .. this is not the web site to ask that. If you want a forum but can't afford to pay for anything, you have to go with free solutions, phpBB is one of them. Don't like phpBB, try another alternative.

Once you can buy vBulletin you can use impex to import the data from those forums into vBulletin.

I agree with Floris here.

Personally, I'm stashing my money away until I can get a license. I need $20. Yar.

Oh. Off topic, but I saw your site Floris. Did you create that skin? It's cool. <3

Comment

Inspiration, thinking, trying, playing around, and then just doing it.

Comment

Inspiration, thinking, trying, playing around, and then just doing it.

First...what? Floris...I have NO clue what you said.

Now. On to the moderator thing.

You want to get a staff spot? Like Floris said, get to know the community. Also, although posting actively is a must have, don't think that post count means everything. Post Quality is 1000 times better than Post count. I'd rather have a member who has 600 quality posts, to a member who has 12,000 borderline spam posts. Secondly, CONTRIBUTE to the forum. Write guides or something. I'm sure Floris would love members who wrote guides for his site, or contributed in other ways. Don't beg to become a staff member. Begging for a staff spot, in my honest opinion, shows you don't deserve the spot. I could go on forever, but I don't feel like typing up an essay.

Comment

Ok lock topic or delete it, I found a good cummunity to settle with.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X