Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

Hi folks !

Just registered and have a serious urge for getting VBulletin, but I am hesitating a lot. The price is quite a mindbreaker and makes me think twice before I'll go for it. Is it worth it to buy a license when there's so many good similar scripts around for free or for way cheaper money?

Discuss and convince me ...

Since i already have an owned license i think it is worth getting. To me none of the free message board and other paid message boards do not match vbulletin.
    Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

I have two licenses and I agree its worth my investment. My forum has grown and members love it.
      www.christianforumsite.com
      sigpic

Comment

I moved from PHPBB to VB, yes I think it was worth it

Comment

Originally posted by xjuliox View Post
          Since i already have an owned license i think it is worth getting. To me none of the free message board and other paid message boards do not match vbulletin.
          Originally posted by jeffinj View Post
          I have two licenses and I agree its worth my investment. My forum has grown and members love it.
          I have more than 2 licenses and I think, yes it is worth it

It is more than worth it
          vBProjects - Professional vBulletin Services and Solutions
          vBSpring - Premium vBulletin Add-ons

Comment

Depends really. Do you already have a forum up and running? If its proving to be sucessful, converting to vBulletin will only improve your community and your members will love the features and stability that come with using vBulletin compared to a free product.

A lot of people are hesitant at buying vBulletin when starting their first new community as it involves a lot of risk. But if you plan to put your time into your community and work hard on it, then it will become sucessful.

vBulletin will not make your community sucessful by itself. It needs your time and your effort mixed into it. It has no magical powers .

Comment

I can just say that vBulletin is certainly worth the cost, and can in fact boost your community tremendously. It has more features, easier to add add ons and modifications, nice styles made for it, better security and many more such things. I personally can even vouch that it has increased my own forum's activity by about ten times, and has even got certain members to join that would have done so otherwise (there are people who stay away from phpBB and free forums for the fear of the staff not being devoted enough and the forum failing for example, and people who will only join a vBulletin forum).
              DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X