good time to expand forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good time to expand forums?

When would it be a good time to expand forums? like adding more forums when you have a certain amount of registered users.
    Arcade.gs Game Site!

I think you can't say that. You should watch the activities in your forums. If there are too many (new) topics in one forum so people don't find what they want, you should create a new forum and move threads.

Well, actually in my experiences people ask for new forums if this point has come...
    Meow!

Please excuse my bad English.

Comment

When there are a lot of discussions on one specific topic, that's the best time to make a new forum for that topic. Or maybe when you're restructuring the board to bring it back from a long period of inactivity/hiatus.
      DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

Comment

Like others said, the number of users shouldn't figure into the number of forums you have. Its the amount of discussion.

If you have a football (American, not Soccer) forum and the discussions for the Dallas Cowboys starts to dominate over others, then give them a sub-forum of their own. Really that is the best way to grow your forum structure.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

If you have a sub forum about cars.
          And you notice a lot of users talk about ferarri and a lot about ford cars.
          You could decide to grow the forums and make a sub forum for not ferarri and ford, but make one new sub forum for super cars or expansive cars. to split it off from normal every day cars.

I hope that makes sense

Comment

Good question OP

Originally posted by Floris View Post
            If you have a sub forum about cars.
            And you notice a lot of users talk about ferarri and a lot about ford cars.
            You could decide to grow the forums and make a sub forum for not ferarri and ford, but make one new sub forum for super cars or expansive cars. to split it off from normal every day cars.

I hope that makes sense
            Floris this makes sense for sure. Thanks for being so helpful to us
            newbies.

Comment

I just say keep it simple. If your forum is small make a few more general topics and people will be happy to fill them in. As it grows, add some sub forums when they get to a point where all your forums are somewhat busy.

vBSeed - High Quality vBulletin Skins

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X