Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the vBulletin admin ACP look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the vBulletin admin ACP look like?

I've always wondered what the vBulletin administration control panel looks like. Can anyone give me an image?

You should post in the Pre-Sales forum

But here is a link to the Admin Demo:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/go/demo
    Regards,
    Nick

Comment

Never mind, I searched google...

Comment

I just got a demo... it actually seems very similar to IPB.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRockSongs View Post
          I just got a demo... it actually seems very similar to IPB.
          How so?

Comment

Well, it has the "Expand All" function, and the custom BBCodes and all that, and create a forum is kinda the same, and it's a lot like IPB.

Comment

Well, it has the "Expand All" function, and the custom BBCodes and all that, and create a forum is kinda the same, and it's a lot like IPB.
              We've had all that for a very, very long time.

Comment

Well it's still kinda the same.

Comment

If it's the easiest way to do something it makes sense that multiple people have a similar design. You will notice for example that a Ford and a Fiat will have the same general controls.

I guess IP and Jelsoft found the way they do it to be the most intuitive for the user.
                  - TomJames

Comment

I am not sure if you are implying something with the icon, .. or if you are complaining about it?

vB is what it is, and IPB is what it is. If you don't want to use vBulletin you can use IPB, and the other way around. IPB's control panel has tabs and things that slide out and different colors and buttons and links everywhere. We have a left menu and the results on the right. Just like phpBB and others have similurities too.

Comment

Well of course its the same, they're both forums, that have the option to add custom bb codes, and shock horror, forum managment

What did you expect to find in a forum administration section, cause fundimentally they're all the same give or take a few features.

Comment

I kinda like the phpBB admin ACP better than vBulletin.

Comment

Can't win 'm all.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                            Can't win 'm all.
                            What did you mean when saying that?

Comment

phpBB has less features and options, and therefor has more breathing space to place everything in a layout that works for them.

vBulletin has grown from a simple equal looking layout to a huge admincp with a lot of features, options, tools, settings, permissions, and what not.

It's hard to make a layout and design that pleases everybody.

We wish we could make our product in a way that still has all the info, but doesn't always display everything, and still makes it easy to find, etc. To please everybody.

We can't win over all customers. And I thought to post in the spirit of the earlier post with the .

I hope you can overcome the way the options are listed, as you only need them once in a while. And that the forum overall wins you over and become a vBulletin customer.

If we make it in tabs and pretty colors, others might prefer the old way. It's hard to please everybody, can't win um all.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X