Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ineternet Brands posted two jobs opening for vBulletin

Internet Brands website have two job opening for vbulletin:

One is for Project manager and the other one is for php developer! Good to see vBulletin going expand their team!

http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers...&cws=2&rid=251

http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers...&cws=2&rid=250

Good news

If they can have some guys for helping to develop vBulletin, why not

I can't live in UK, so good luck for those who will try

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Out of interest though, are these two new positions created by IB, or are they to fill two recent departure vacant positions?

Comment

Nice to see them taking on more staff.
        What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
          Out of interest though, are these two new positions created by IB, or are they to fill two recent departure vacant positions?
          That would imply Kier left as he's the current project manager for vBulletin.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Maybe it's to work directly with Kier. Wouldn't there have been an announcement here if he left?
            Forums

Comment

I imagine Kier has a lot of responsibilities above and beyond program management. vbulletin could easilly have multiple program managers which would also help free up the programmers time.
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

No one has left recently.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Maybe an other product manager to work with Kier (as Quillz says) for making official add-ons?

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                    No one has left recently.
                    Good to hear. It would be a great loss if Kier were to leave especially at this time where vB 4.0 development is only starting to ramp up.

Comment

I think Kier is more a lead programmer than a project manager to be honest - I think they dumped the extra duties on him :lol:

When hes talked about development he's often said 'he' is working on this/that - which is what makes me think it. A project manager doesn't traditionally get involved with the actual coding - but more oversees things.
                      What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
                        A project manager doesn't traditionally get involved with the actual coding - but more oversees things.
                        Depends on the size of the shop. Here we are a small group so while some of us have the title of Project Manage or similar on our business cards, and have others reporting to us, we also do a good amount of actual coding.
                        [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
                          I think Kier is more a lead programmer than a project manager to be honest - I think they dumped the extra duties on him :lol:

When hes talked about development he's often said 'he' is working on this/that - which is what makes me think it. A project manager doesn't traditionally get involved with the actual coding - but more oversees things.
                          His user title is vBulletin Lead Developer .

Comment

Internet Brands website have two job opening for vbulletin:
                            I count 3

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                              I count 3
                              2 devs, 1 project manager :P.

What's OOD?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X