Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will anyone make the Jump from Wow to warhammer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will anyone make the Jump from Wow to warhammer?

Now that the release is near the horizon I was wondering how many people will jump ship from Wow to Warhammer online?

Dan
    Last edited by Dannykilla; Tue 2 Sep '08, 4:37am.

I know quiet a few end-gamers who are tired of wow as it is now (though all of us played pre-bc).

I very much doubt anyone who switches, will stay switched after wotlk is released.

I've got no reason to pay 50 dollars + subscription for War. I'm currently testing wotlk, and that keeps me happy.

Comment

I'll probably check it out if I can score a free trial but not really interested in a PvP Oriented MMO at this time.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I was interested, until I saw their "Beta" requirements, wherein you basically have to preorder the game to play it. Reminds me very much of AoC in that they want people to pay for it before even trying it out. I don't and have never subscribed to that line of thinking, especially in an MMO, especially due to how many MMOs turn out to be rubbish.

The reason WoW hooked me in was because I was able to play a free trial period. For a game that's being hyped up as "the" WoW-killer (It won't be, even if it is really good), you'd think they'd learn that basic lesson.

I just wish Lich King would come sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinneas View Post
          I just wish Lich King would come sooner.
          Its getting there but the beta isn't ready. There are too many issues still.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            Its getting there but the beta isn't ready. There are too many issues still.
            That's a shame

But at least we have a (hopefully not postponed) release date to look forward to now

Comment

Originally posted by Kinneas View Post
              That's a shame

But at least we have a (hopefully not postponed) release date to look forward to now
              Currently it looks like its going to be pushed back/

Comment

I ditched WoW a long time, playing Age of Conan now. Not sure I'll try WAR, gonna check the reviews and community response to it first.
                Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
                  I ditched WoW a long time, playing Age of Conan now. Not sure I'll try WAR, gonna check the reviews and community response to it first.
                  All I heard from friends was "patch patch patch patch patch, grind grind, patch patch patch".

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                    All I heard from friends was "patch patch patch patch patch, grind grind, patch patch patch".
                    Well sounds like a MMORPG alright

Comment

Well sounds like a MMORPG alright
                      That was the first three days of release.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                        That was the first three days of release.
                        LMAO thanks for that

Comment

I'm still waiting for WotLK, I can't take on another game! Besides, I'm already paying for WoW and a few others. Siiiigh

About AoC, a whole bunch of my friends were very enthusiastic about it when it first came out. They mentioned how it was so much better than WoW, which they had been growing tired of lately, etc. etc. As it turns out, they're now talking about dumping AoC and going back to WoW. In this case, I'd say AoC is like a vacation away from WoW (because grinding is so much fun, right?)

Really though, I'm only really looking forward to one game, and that's SC2.

Comment

LMAO thanks for that
                            http://www.mmocrunch.com/2008/08/28/...rtem-analysis/

Comment

Oh you were talking about AoC, yeah I read that. I love Funcom though, even with all the problems I'm sticking with it for now. Big content holes though.

Comment

Working...
                              X