Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hi all,

Probably the wrong place to post, but I'm stuck - and I reckon that someone here will know.

I've been browsing the forums at SapphireTech for a few months without experiencing any problems, then suddenly a few days ago I get 'banned' as I've got an email address that they don't seem to like for some reason. I hasten to add that I'm not a spammer or person with an attitude problem!

Their forum is run by vBulletin software, hence the reason why I am posting here. For some reason, their forum administrator(s) aren't answering my polite emails for assistance.

I can get to the forums if I use Google's cache (not a great solution), and also if I run IE in a virtual machine, but I cannot browse the forums directly using IE. I guess it's because the vBulletin knows I'm still 'banned'. I have deleted their cookie, but that didn't seem to help at all.

So you can see where I am, I can't get on the site to re-register with a 'compatible' email address (if that really is the problem) - neither does the 'banned message' tell me how to cure the problem.

I hope this makes sense - all I want is to get my Sapphire ATI card working reliably - something it just won't do!

Thanks for your help in advance,

Taliska

Try hitting Start > Run > IP Config

Sometimes that changes your IP address, but it won't help if they have banned it deeply. Meaning instead of banning 72.56.345 they bannned 72*, as that means all 72's are banned and you won't be able to get your IP off that.

If you cannot make a new account they banned by IP, if you can they just banned your original account, so try a new account if you can.

Lastly, if you want to get around it, go find a Proxy Server program out there for free, download it, and use a fake IP address to make a new account.

In truth you shouldn't be asking this question here as it's not vBulletin.com's responsibility to police forums they do not operate, they just sell and support the product here. Not the conduct of the owners of there product.

Comment

If you can get to the forums using a cache, use that to access your user cp and change to an email address they do accept. This may help.
      Toddler from Hell

Comment

Unfortunatly there is nothing anyone here can do to help you. Best bet is to google search and find another place that can help. Jelsoft just sells the software that builds online communities they have nothing to do with how they are run or administered.
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
        PHP 7.4.14 :: MariaDB 10.5.8

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X