Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One general forum for all discussions or 10 different forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One general forum for all discussions or 10 different forums?

I was always a follower of the '10 forum' ideology, but my forum was always small, so I'm wondering about this for the 1000th time.

please vote

edit: after I add a poll of course

edit2: **** can someone add an "abstain" option for me?
    1 forum for all
    50.00%
    10 separate forums
    16.67%
    Abstain
    33.33%
    Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Depends how active the forum is. A big forum can get away with 10 different forums, a small one will die if it has like, 10 different forums for said discussions.
    DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

Comment

I am a strong believer is less is more.

Keep it as SIMPLE as possible...however, how simple you can manage to keep it is based on how many active posters you have. Use your judgement.

Comment

I think a lot depends on the main purpose of the forum, if your running a board with the sole intention of trying to make money from ads (and thats your main goal, to make money). I would not mix loads of topics on one forum. In fact, I would not even include an "Off Topic" section on the board to keep everything "On Topic". Because you will never get good "targeted ads", which are the ones that make you the real money.

If your just running a forum for fun, and don't care about revenue from it that much, just use one forum (usually called), General Discussion Forums. But General Discussion Forums; just don't seem to do as well I feel as forums that target one main topic area (IE: Cars, Bikes, Fishing) etc.

Because of that, I abstained from voting.
        Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 28 Aug '08, 11:13am.

Comment

Do you mean 10 different websites or different boards on the website?

If you mean like 10 forums on the overall board, I'm with that option. less is more, but making a forum with one forum for 10 various topics is not organized.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X