Your vB4 Predictions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
    On August 4th, 2009 the system will go online where it will begin to learn at a geometric rate. It will become self-aware at 2:14am eastern time on August 29th where it will feature a style reminiscent of early 80's cartoon's with femine icons such as Rainbow Bright, Punky Brewster and My Little Pony. The boy version will capture the feeling of Tonka Trunks, Nerf Balls and the teenage quest for adult literature.

When the forum is not in use, it will transform into a genome crunching superprogram that will similtaneously play grandmasters in chess while figuring out the meaning of life. Eventually, vbulletin 4 will replicate and produce vbulletin 5 in order to further advance these goals. vb5 (veebie for short) will devour its parent in a strange programic ritual where it will run into bouts of artificially programmed emotional conflict. Eventually this will turn into a civil war where the 1's, 4's and 5's will go up against the 2's, 6's and 8's. Remember there are many copies and they have a plan.
    I agree with this, but due to current development schedules I'm going to have to place my money on it awakening at 2:38AM EST - not 2:14.

Comment

Tribbles will somehow be involved.
      Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        Moved to Chit Chat.
        Thanks for moving it back to chit chat
        What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
          On August 4th, 2009 the system will go online where it will begin to learn at a geometric rate. It will become self-aware at 2:14am eastern time on August 29th...
          Thank you AHNOLD

Comment

My prediction is that unless Jelsoft expands their development team, it is going to be a very long time (2010) before VB4 is available for purchase/download.

Before this time, there may very well other options available to us all that will suit our needs. Then again, who knows what the state of the Internet will be in 2010-2011. Here's to hoping Jelsoft really ramps up on VB4 development.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
              I hope not, I hate it when the forums starts to depend more and more on other third party applications.

Out of interest also, trends this year have shown that more and more people are stopping using facebook and myspace (the bubble has burst) on social networking. It was talked about on the news a month ago, both facebook and myspace reported for the first since they started, members where dropping off.

Predictions, not a clue!
              I dont know. do you have any sources to back up that claim? seems reasonable that those sites can level off. think about it, try and find one college student between 18-22 that does NOT have facebook. and myspace has 120 million members? thats nearly half of the entire population of America.

why is having a way to invite people to your forums from social networking sites a bad thing?

Comment

I predict that within 2 minutes of it's release, there will be some idiot either a. whining because it doesn't suit his needs, b. whining that development took too long, or c. whining about when the next version will be released.

Comment

I dont know. do you have any sources to back up that claim? seems reasonable that those sites can level off. think about it, try and find one college student between 18-22 that does NOT have facebook. and myspace has 120 million members? thats nearly half of the entire population of America.
                  Silly overgeneralization. I know hundreds of uni students between 18 and 22 that dont have facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoPhotoShop View Post

why is having a way to invite people to your forums from social networking sites a bad thing?
                    Well, I was watching the news one night here on TV (BBC News), and they reported that both Facebook and MySpace had reported a slow down in users since they both first started, going off there yearly stats.

It was last month now, so I can't remember exactly what was said in detail, but I think the amount of users dropping off using the social networking sites, compared to getting new members was greater for the first time since both went online.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoPhotoShop View Post
                      http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/02/22...off-in-the-us/

Seems for Facebook at least, that US visitors are down while worldwide visitors are up. Every article that I can find seems to only track unique US visitors though.

I think the issue is that Social Networking is becoming decentralized. I no longer need to visit Facebook or MySpace every day to see what my friends are doing. Both Facebook and MySpace have tools to create applications for this as well as many other social websites. I can see it directly in my browser and/or feed reader. With additional services like MSN Spaces, Blogger, Wordpress, LiveJournal, Beebo, Flickr, Youtube, Twitter, Yoono, Digg, etc... You probably have a net monthly growth in Social Networking that cannot be measured accurately. You also have more sophisticated users spinning their pages off into their own websites to control advertising and content better.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
                        I predict that within 2 minutes of it's release, there will be some idiot either a. whining because it doesn't suit his needs, b. whining that development took too long, or c. whining about when the next version will be released.
                        Quoted for truth. Best guess at responses will be:

1. Best thing ever!

2. Jelsoft screwed up and Invision's better!

3. Where's vBulletin 5.0?

4. Where's the CMS?

5. It's good but [every feature] needs ten more features to be competitive with what's out there!

6. Why won't my add ons work? Why is my board style broken? The upgrade killed my forum! The upgrade corrupted the forum database!

Never the less, you can't please everyone.
                        DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
                          Silly overgeneralization. I know hundreds of uni students between 18 and 22 that dont have facebook.
                          hundreds? no offense but I highly doubt you even know hundreds of people. (sounds like a generalization to me )regardless, many do.
                          Last edited by ChicagoPhotoShop; Tue 12th Aug '08, 8:28am.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                            Well, I was watching the news one night here on TV (BBC News), and they reported that both Facebook and MySpace had reported a slow down in users since they both first started, going off there yearly stats.

It was last month now, so I can't remember exactly what was said in detail, but I think the amount of users dropping off using the social networking sites, compared to getting new members was greater for the first time since both went online.
                            I dont doubt that membership has leveled off a bit. with those sites growing exponentially over the past few years, a slow down is normal.

http://mashable.com/2008/07/17/social-networking-stats/

The latest numbers are in, and they’re showing that June was a big month for at least two of the top social networking Most-Networked-Executives sites. According to Nielsen Online, Facebook swelled to 29.2M unique visitors in the US, up more than 10 percent from May. Meanwhile, professional social networking site LinkedIn grew more than 20 percent month-over-month to 9.5M uniques. Year-over-year, that represents 77% growth for Facebook, and 187% for LinkedIn, respectively.
                            Meanwhile, it would appear that MySpace has officially hit a plateau in the US, though it still more than doubles up on the competition. Its 59.4M visitors in June represented zero growth over last year, and was a marginal decline from the 60.6M reported by Nielsen in May.
                            Elsewhere, debuts on the charts with 2.2MM unique visitors, up 326% from last year when the create-your-own-social-network site was just getting off the ground.
                            Last edited by ChicagoPhotoShop; Tue 12th Aug '08, 8:31am.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                              I think the issue is that Social Networking is becoming decentralized. I no longer need to visit Facebook or MySpace every day to see what my friends are doing.
                              you dont? what do you use to see what your friends are doing now?

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                              Both Facebook and MySpace have tools to create applications for this as well as many other social websites. I can see it directly in my browser and/or feed reader. With additional services like MSN Spaces, Blogger, Wordpress, LiveJournal, Beebo, Flickr, Youtube, Twitter, Yoono, Digg, etc... You probably have a net monthly growth in Social Networking that cannot be measured accurately. You also have more sophisticated users spinning their pages off into their own websites to control advertising and content better.
                              I'm confused. how does this show what your friends are doing?

Comment

again, I'm failing to see why a feature in vb for inviting your friends from social networking sites to your forums is a bad thing?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X