Your vB4 Predictions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your vB4 Predictions!

Thought it would be fun to see what you predict will be in vB4 !!

Please don't turn this into a request/rant thread, it is just for what you think will be included in vB4

--------

Ok I'll start....
    • I think it will have SEF and keyword rich URLs for starters!
    • The plug-in system will be even more flexible
    • The whole approach to content will be more unified (i.e more like a cms)
    • The SN, Albums, blog side will be polished to the same high standard that we are used to in vB (forums). Each area will be able to stand up in it's own right by itself.

Your turn!
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

- PM system will be expanded.
    - Poll system will be expanded.
    - CSS styled skins (+ new default skins).
    - Completely redesigned template system.
    - SEO/human friendly URLs.

Comment

A free version
      On a serious note and not exactly a prediction I know, I would think Jelsoft should and will do something about plug-ins, a huge percentage of the support questions require a reply of 'disable hooks', 'we can't support modifications' and the likes.

Comment

a way to invite your friends from facebook, myspace, yahoo, aol, hotmail..etc etc.

Comment

Looks like this is becoming a suggestion thread :|.

Comment

Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
            Looks like this is becoming a suggestion thread :|.
            There are a few of them about .......
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoPhotoShop View Post
              a way to invite your friends from facebook, myspace, yahoo, aol, hotmail..etc etc.
              I hope not, I hate it when the forums starts to depend more and more on other third party applications.

Out of interest also, trends this year have shown that more and more people are stopping using facebook and myspace (the bubble has burst) on social networking. It was talked about on the news a month ago, both facebook and myspace reported for the first since they started, members where dropping off.

Predictions, not a clue!

Comment

I predict that we'll see

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.4
                Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

at the bottom

Comment

Originally posted by DJDarknez View Post
                  I predict that we'll see

Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

at the bottom
                  Copyright ©2000 - 2010, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.3
                    Copyright ©2000 - 2011, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

My prediction is that this will be locked because it sounds like a suggestion thread and its in the wrong place.
                      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
                        My prediction is that this will be locked because it sounds like a suggestion thread and its in the wrong place.
                        We'll just move it but suggestions can only be looked at seriously if there is only one suggestion per thread.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Moved to Chit Chat.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

My estimates:

1. All CSS layout for style. Pretty much guaranteed.

2. All new and ten times better template editor.

3. Many, many new features, including massive additions some will likely protest about as useless that surpass all out there.

4. Complete code rewrite from the ground up for more modern coding that I have no idea what it means.

5. Optimistically, there would be a drag and drop layout system. Basically, one massive page where you can move around the navbar, forum listing, logos, footer, etc blocks to where you want in a one, two or three column fashion. Possibly then mini versions for the calendar, profiles, postbit displays, user cp, etc...
                            DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

Comment

On August 4th, 2009 the system will go online where it will begin to learn at a geometric rate. It will become self-aware at 2:14am eastern time on August 29th where it will feature a style reminiscent of early 80's cartoon's with femine icons such as Rainbow Bright, Punky Brewster and My Little Pony. The boy version will capture the feeling of Tonka Trunks, Nerf Balls and the teenage quest for adult literature.

When the forum is not in use, it will transform into a genome crunching superprogram that will similtaneously play grandmasters in chess while figuring out the meaning of life. Eventually, vbulletin 4 will replicate and produce vbulletin 5 in order to further advance these goals. vb5 (veebie for short) will devour its parent in a strange programic ritual where it will run into bouts of artificially programmed emotional conflict. Eventually this will turn into a civil war where the 1's, 4's and 5's will go up against the 2's, 6's and 8's. Remember there are many copies and they have a plan.
                              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X