Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CRT Refresh Rate same as LCD Refresh Rate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Chat CRT Refresh Rate same as LCD Refresh Rate?

Hello,

I just replaced the CRT to a 19" LCD monitor and now adjusting the settings to best suit my eyes.

Staring at the monitor more than 8 hours a day sometimes strain my eyes, so I want to ask how I should set the screen resolution and the screen refresh rate.

The manufactures' recommended resolution is 1440 x 900 but the refresh rate is maxed at 60. If I select 1280 x 800, refresh rate goes up to 75 Hertz.

Are LCD the same as CRT when it comes to screen refresh rate Hertz? My main concern is my eyes.

Thanks for your time.

LCDs don't really refresh in Hertz... They have a hardware imposed refresh in milliseconds. The lower the number the better. It should have the redraw rate in the technical specifications. Most good monitors are between 2 and 5 ms these days. Anything more could probably cause eye strain after long periods of use.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

So the screen refresh rate under Display Properties Settings do not apply to LCD monitors?

The LCD is 5ms. So it is safe for the eyes to set it at maximum resolution at 1440x900 and 60Hertz?

Comment

Should be fine as far as I am aware. Just take eye breaks throughout the day as that is the best way to relieve strain in the long run.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

A flatscreen monitor on 60hz is normal. You can ignore it basically.

The 60 hz on a crt means from top left to bottom right refreshing the pixels at that frequency, the higher the frequency, the better.

On a flatscreen it doesn't go from top right to bottom left, it's on or off, and being 60 or 75 doesn't matter.

Comment

Thanks for the info Wayne and Floris.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X