3G iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cromulent View Post
    Apparently they sold 1 million phones in the 3 days since launch. Pretty impressive if you ask me.
    Incredibly low compared to some of the video game releases out there.

I'm not saying it's a good phone or not, I'm just telling you I've ran across a ton of articles of people for example who bought it and couldn't even get it to work the first day they bought it. lol

Comment

Originally posted by legionofangels2 View Post
      Incredibly low compared to some of the video game releases out there.
      Well that isn't surprising. A computer game costs £40 and the iPhone costs 99 + (30 * 18) = £639.

Selling 1 million phones that cost so much is impressive if you ask me.

Comment

If you think about it, their servers were bombarded with thousands of requests from current iPhone users (not 3G) to upgrade (and reactivate), thousands of iPhone 3G users activating, and iPod Touch users wanting to upgrade. I would not want to be the one taking care of those servers.

Comment

Got my hands on a white 16GB yesterday. Absolutley love it and I'm really surprised how much more I like it over my first gen. Just the feel alone is so much more comfortable. It fits really well in your hand and you don't get that slippery, it feels easy to drop feeling.

Also I had zero issues. They activated the phone at the apple store, I went home and restored my backup, did a sync and everthing was up and running just like on my old phone.
          Bob- (pank)
          pankpages.com / http://twitter.com/_pank

Comment

Wheres the best place to order one
            Sound District

Comment

Originally posted by Shazz™ View Post
              Wheres the best place to order one
              In the US? Apple Store or ATT Wireless Store. Unless you want to risk purchasing an unlocked phone on eBay.

Personally, I am just going to stick with my Blackberry.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Not going to get one either. I'm happy with my HTC TyTn II .
                http://www.nucia.nl/forum/
                The best way to kill malware; is to kill it together.

Comment

Originally posted by Cromulent View Post
                  Well that isn't surprising. A computer game costs £40 and the iPhone costs 99 + (30 * 18) = £639.

Selling 1 million phones that cost so much is impressive if you ask me.
                  You guys get off the hook easy there in UK...
                  Canada = ($249 or $349) + (($60 + $6.59 system access fee) + 13% tax) * 36 months)... $50 rebate on first month's bill if you're new customer.

Canadian currency is at par with USD (99 cents or so) lately...

I'm taking my chances, not off ebay, but off craigslist and alike.
                  Best Regards,
                  Andy Huang

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie View Post
                    All valid points, but I don't imagine LTE developing all that rapidly. The euro market of 900 million has only 100 of it using 3G. People don't comprehend the need for 3G just yet, so why increase the bandwidth anymore than they have to. UMTS and EV-DO are completely suitable for the industry's demands. Hell, T-Mobile's HSDPA is faster than some broadband providers.
                    I would imagine that LTE is being developed at a decent rate, the deployment is a whole other story, though. As far as T-Mobile's HSDPA, it's unfortunate that they are only in very select markets right now. From everything I'm seeing, T-Mobile is an up and coming company in the U.S. wireless market.

Originally posted by tgillespie
                    As far as Verizon getting the iPhone, its really not up their alley. They love having a very tight control over their handset manufacturers. Out of all the major carriers in the U.S., they are by far the most finicky.
                    Agreed but again, with Vodaphone having a say I think you'll start to see more phones with less restrictions. The Voyager and Dare are certainly steps in the right direction. They're better phones than a lot of what Verizon has had in the past.

Originally posted by tgillespie
                    I'm also pretty sure that Verizon is trying to buy out Vodaphone's shares in Verizon Wireless, but even if they don't, Vodaphone isn't in the driver seat.
                    I hadn't heard that. In fact, I had heard that Vodaphone was pushing for more "open" phones that had less restrictions (hence what I posted above).

Comment

at&t coverage

Anyone have any luck with AT&T with their coverage. I live in the same town as AT&T's World Headquarters and I can't get a consistent signal!

Comment

its soon going to be released in India and am eagerly waiting for it !!

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                          Also, I want to see some reviews trickle in for how well the GPS actually works
                          That's exactly the reason why I wait for a purchase of my 3G. I want to be sure that car-navigation is indeed working (when TomTom or any other company officially releases their software for it). Then I will buy one. I am telling nothing new, but a telephone, an internet device, an iPod, a voicerecorder, a games-platform, an organizer, a car GPS, etc, etc and etc... all in 1 single device. And it's from Apple. I have no reason not to buy it.

Brilliant.
                          How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

I love my 3G iPhone. Best thing i ever bought
                            www.pst-uk.co.uk
                            www.refchat.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by dabollicks View Post
                              I love my 3G iPhone. Best thing i ever bought
                              Until the 4G iPhone comes out next year, probably.
                              Forums

Comment

I'm happy with my Razr2 V9 right now, it's awesome.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X