Censored Words List...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Censored Words List...?

Is there a Censored Words list I can copy and paste...?

Originally posted by Sticky1 View Post
    Is there a Censored Words list I can copy and paste...?
    It shouldn't be hard to come up with a censored words list. I only censor racial slurs, but you can take a look at George Carlin's Seven Words performance to get some ideas.

Comment

Hummmmmm

70 views and no lists........? Do you all allow those ******** words??

Comment

Not like someone could post one, it would probably get censored here.

Try searching on Google.

Comment

good point......

Good point....dah

Comment

Give me your email address in a pm, and I'll send you a copy of what's in our censored block.

Literally just copy/paste it into yours. It's fairly good, but words like c.rap for example, are not censored, or words like d+amn since to me they're not really swear words.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, I found that ass is not a word to censor........a s s just in case

Comment

It depends, ass is a donkey, but the rarity of it being used for it's "pure" value rather than just calling someone an ass as a flame, is highly unlikely.

I mean, a donkey is a donkey to me, not an ass.

The things I did above, are probably against the rules and they are at my own forums. It's called "going around the censorship filter" and it pisses me off more than anything, in fact my staff were the worst about it, until I started closing threads immediately when they made them doing it in it.

When you add special characters or different characters, vBulletin's censorship system cannot pick up that variable and won't censor the word.

Which is horrible, but for the most part, it works ok. Because rarely will an idiot use letters or numbers like S8it < as it just doesn't look right. So if all the special characters could some how be coded into the censorship system, it would probably work 99.9% of the time perfectly.

BTW - your email has been sent. Check junk mail in case it went there.

Good Day,

Legion of Angels

Comment

I have a list of the N word that people say in one of my game servers. They've used spaces, characters, numbers... to make up the N word. I don't feel right posting it or sending it to anyone.
                  Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

I had to write a swear filter in my last job and trust me it's no easy job. vBulletin's is extremely primitive in that it's simple find and replace. When you have to deal with users circumventing the swear filters by using typos and padding characters e.g. a-s-s

That's when it gets difficult. Nevertheless, my filter took about 9s to process the whole of "Great Excpectations" so it was pretty quick in that regard

And no, it's not for release, but my point in making this post is it'd be nice if the swear filter was expanded in vB4
                    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Would you mind sharing your list?

Comment

You might want to spell it properly.

In australia we swear and come up with all sorts of words for various parts of the body.

Arse is one of those words. It's slang for bottom. Like bum, etc.
                        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                        Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

He did spell it properly. He just didn't spell it the Australian way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
                            He did spell it properly. He just didn't spell it the Australian way.
                            An ass is another name for a donkey.
                            Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                            Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
                              An ass is another name for a donkey.
                              Yeah, but in the US 'ass' means the same thing as 'arse' in other countries.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X