No announcement yet.

What's the problem with GoDaddy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Chat What's the problem with GoDaddy?

I hear a lot of people don't like GoDaddy nowadays, I'm curious to know why.

I had just one problem with them, which was a domain that expired being registered by a domain bank, but after one year the same domain was removed from the bank and I could get it again. This was a couple years ago, and I never had any other problems with them since.

Their web system is VERY nice to use in my opinion, so I'm curious to know why people dislike it. Any problems with it recently?
    Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

I've never had any problems. but from what I've heard, I think it's the customer support. And sometimes heard unreliable hosting too.

Comment

I've read stories of unreliable hosting. Their VP was recently caught bidding on and raising the price of domains in auctions too.
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Godaddy is who we got our domain from.

Customer Support - top of the line

Never had a single problem.

But I don't host through them either.

Comment

Most people who have problems with them have used them for hosting, something which it seems they aren't great at, but their domain selling is generally fine for most people. Basically, decent registrar, bad web host.
          DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

Comment

They only provide Great hosting Plans but other thing are really poor. Like one example, site ground charge nothing to provide you a backup if you lost your files or deleted accidently from the server, but godaddy charge USD 150 for the same. Medium of contact is either phone or email, email takes more than two days on some occassions to get back with a reply.
            Patiala
            Punjabi Forum

Comment

Originally posted by cheat-master30 View Post
              Most people who have problems with them have used them for hosting, something which it seems they aren't great at, but their domain selling is generally fine for most people. Basically, decent registrar, bad web host.
              Agree. I am with them ..and have numberous hositng issues that they always point somewhere else.

I think register.com is better.

Comment

I had my domains stolen. Got 3 out of the 4 back.

http://www.computervitals.com/forum/...ne-t12713.html

Here's a thread I made at my site that explains what happens

Comment

Originally posted by ComputerVitals View Post

Unfortunately it is hidden:
                  You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by ComputerVitals View Post
                    I had my domains stolen. Got 3 out of the 4 back.

Could you give us the highlights?

Comment

Sorry about that's

Here's the important parts of the thread

------------------------
                      The past 24 hours has been hectic.

Tuesday morning at about 5:30 an information request was initiated on my godaddy account. Then a few minutes later I got a confirmation email stating the domains have been transfered sucessfully.

So I'm locked out of my godaddy account, I called GD CS. He gets me back into my account and all of my domain names are gone... I refers me to an email address I have to send to from godaddy.

I got a responce back and had to explain what I think may have happened. I just sent over an "Undo of Change of Registrar" form. Had to scan my DL License into it and email it away. So now it can be upto 3 days before I hear anything.

A bit of good news, just the owner and registar information has been changed. The nameservers are still the same. They put a lock on the domains. So they can't be transfered to another place or change the nameservers.

Hopefully the reveiw goes my way.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      yes. But good news happened. I've got my 3 domains back. I have to get photo copy ids from Kari and info papers about her dance camp before they will transfer her name back.

Here's what it was changed.
                      Code:
                         Administrative Contact:
                            Edinly, John  [email protected]

5219 milhouse rd.
                            Indianapolis, IN 46234
                            United States
                            +1.3178219218
                      I'm thinking fake name. I didn't find much info about the name. I tried to call the number and it was disconnected.

It could be a coincidence. But a few days before this, someone tried getting into my paypal account. Paypal threw my account into a Limited status making it usless.
                      "We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party.
                      We have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features in case your account has been accessed by an unauthorized third party. "

I re verify all of my accounts. Plus I have to mail a letter to the fraud division of paypal to get further details. If they have any solid leads, I will be turning this over to the proper authorities. My domains are one thing, but when you start messing with my checking and credit card accounts. Thats FBI time..
                      --------------------------------------------------------------
                      Well they do really protect the businessnames.

I got a hold of **** and the gal she sold the site to wants the name. So *** photocopied her ID and scanned a deposit slip. I sent that away, and they replied to me the ID isn't clear enough to read, and a Deposit slip isn't a proof of Business. I emailed them back and told them that all Kari had was a certificate allowing sales and taxes.
                      They said it may work. They would have look at it to see.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      She doesn't have an actuall business license. Her Dance camps are just that, 2 weekends of learning a dance, then a narrow down competition. All she has is that "Resale document"
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      Well, We sent over the digital copy of her license, plus the undo document, plus her ST12 document that allows her to sell and pay taxes.. Other then that she doesn't have any other proof of her business.

Go the email back and they didn't accept those and closed the case.
                      Looks like this ****er got this domain.. Domain tools says this Luffyze domain owns 52 domains. Probably stole them
                      ---------------------------------------------------------
                      It is bull how easy it is.. Plus the domain is still hosted at GD.. Who steals a domain from within Godaddy, and has it transferred to a Godaddy account?

Comment

In my opinion DO NOT GET HOSTING from some one who specializes in domains. I keep my hosting and my domains separately. i use GoDaddy for my domains and Slicehost for VPS hosting currently.

Comment

I don't use them from hosting, but the registrar services are top notch. I also really like their DNS control panel, makes it very easy to change the things that I need to you. I keep my hosting seperate on Servint VPS.

Comment

godaddy goes domains just fine, they should not offer hosting though, it's always a nightmare working on a site hosted at godaddy.. at least in my experience
                            -- Web Developer for hire
                            ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

I've heard bad things about GoDaddy as a web host. They seem fine for domain registration, though.
                              Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X