X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yves Rigaud
    replied
    Using PC.

I have an Mac Plus (1987) but the hard drive inside is dead (I want to change it). So, if i use it, I must to use System 6 on it

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Grover View Post
    Then you have a different circle of friends as mine...

What are your main problems with Vista Floris and how is this solved by switching to OSX?

I am in the process of buying a new 'PC' in 2009 and my feeling is to stick with Vista/Windows 7. Can you give me good reasons to consider a switch to Mac OSX?
    If you get a new system, vista will probably run just fine on it.

I don't feel like defending my mac preference right now, sorry .. what I do with a system, and what I desire it to do .. osx does. Windows does not. It's besides some perfectly valid arguments, just a personal preference too. I like the GUI, I like proper native 64bit unix under the hood, I like how dialogs are displayed, how I don't have to slow my system down with a shell that scans everything every second, I like how it improves my workflow. I like how all the software is only a fraction of the windows versions (for the things i use). It feels less frustrating, and better for me. So I use it. If that was windows for me .. I'd be using windows.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by RichM View Post
    I prefer OS X much more than Vista, but I really don't like being forced to use Apple hardware, so unless that changes, I won't be a Mac user ever again.
    This is one of the reasons why I don't purchase a Macintosh. You lose too much freedom and control over both hardware and software selection for your computing needs. Before 2000, I was a diehard Apple fan as well. I don't feel a need to be a customer of theirs anymore though.

Leave a comment:

• RichM
    replied
    I prefer OS X much more than Vista, but I really don't like being forced to use Apple hardware, so unless that changes, I won't be a Mac user ever again.

Leave a comment:

• Radon3k
    replied
    I've completely switched over to Macs. They do everything that I need them to do. I think Apple makes excellent products of high quality and their numbers are on the rise, including their market share.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I don't have any intention of switching to Macintosh computers. I also use Vista and have had no problems with the OS for over a year now. Two of my computers are using XP because they are over 5 years old. The others all use Vista because they are newer.

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    Then you have a different circle of friends as mine...

What are your main problems with Vista Floris and how is this solved by switching to OSX?

I am in the process of buying a new 'PC' in 2009 and my feeling is to stick with Vista/Windows 7. Can you give me good reasons to consider a switch to Mac OSX?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Almost everybody around me has moved to Mac, and I see even a lot of vB staff got a Mac, including myself.

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    I love Vista!

I have no experience with Mac OSX, apart from seeing a friend of mine working on it on his Mac (he's very much into producing electronic music) and a girlfriend of mine showing here Macbook.

Next to those people I do not know of anybody in my circle of friends/contacts who own's a Mac. It's all PC's.

I always used Windows myself, but I am intruiged about Apple. I think they produce absolutely beautifull products. Esthetically I mean. I don't know anything about the use of the products. Except my own iPod Nano (2nd gen) that is... I love it.

So that leaves me with my own experience of Windows. The main thing I want to say it that I really love Vista. I can understand the negativity towards Windows compared to Mac OSX, but in the case of the latest Windows release, Vista I believe it has blown out of proportion really.

In my personal view Vista is a very userfriendly operating system and I am talking about the UI (User Interface) now. I love it.

I must be one of the few people in the Netherlands who loves Vista. Most of the time I hear are negative voices and I think those opinions are not always entirely based on reality...

Leave a comment:

• lovely_vin
    replied
    I would always prefer a PC coz have never had used or even seen a mac really !! People hardly use it in India.

Leave a comment:

• King Kovifor
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz View Post
    Okay? What's your point? I like Apple hardware and I really like Vista. Together, they make a good computing combo.
    Nothing. You just prove that point (the articles are all about Apple hardware + vista).

Leave a comment:

• dtg-forums
    replied
    Mac, Safari and FireFox

I have used Macs since 1984. Our bookkeeping dept runs FileMaker Pro on a 1994 Mac. They never die. I recently hauled off a truck load of Macs to recycling simply because they no longer could support "today's" software and internet. But they were functioning perfectly well, and continued to operate all the software of the era.

http://www.60-seconds.com/2007_image...od-bye_800.jpg

I use SAFARI however, have learned that many web sites are coded in non-standard, non-compliant code that screws up on a Mac. (Even some of the big names that should know better!)

So, get used to having FireFox in the dock as well. When something doesn't seem to work right in Safari, although it will be ugly, chances are it will work in FireFox. (The interface designers there don't have quite as much savvy as Mac developers!)

footnote:

In the 'day' we acquired hundreds of Macs from university auctions, refurbished them, and then donated them to schools, halfway houses, and kids club's facilities like Boys & Girls clubs, etc. The ones pictured in my pick-up are the ones left over in my warehouse some eight years later.
    Last edited by dtg-forums; Thu 10th Jul '08, 4:58am. Reason: add the footnote about 'why' I had so many Macs

Leave a comment:

• Chousho
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz View Post
    Okay? What's your point? I like Apple hardware and I really like Vista. Together, they make a good computing combo.
    Just curious. When you say you like Apple hardware, are you talking about the specs or the looks?

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    never had a mac or run linux, so can't comment. In fact I'm still using XP media edition. I like Vista, but certain things on my custom built PC are not supported by Vista. So oh well!

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X