No announcement yet.

PC v Mac... Which do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would always prefer a PC coz have never had used or even seen a mac really !! People hardly use it in India.

Comment

I love Vista!

I have no experience with Mac OSX, apart from seeing a friend of mine working on it on his Mac (he's very much into producing electronic music) and a girlfriend of mine showing here Macbook.

Next to those people I do not know of anybody in my circle of friends/contacts who own's a Mac. It's all PC's.

I always used Windows myself, but I am intruiged about Apple. I think they produce absolutely beautifull products. Esthetically I mean. I don't know anything about the use of the products. Except my own iPod Nano (2nd gen) that is... I love it.

So that leaves me with my own experience of Windows. The main thing I want to say it that I really love Vista. I can understand the negativity towards Windows compared to Mac OSX, but in the case of the latest Windows release, Vista I believe it has blown out of proportion really.

In my personal view Vista is a very userfriendly operating system and I am talking about the UI (User Interface) now. I love it.

I must be one of the few people in the Netherlands who loves Vista. Most of the time I hear are negative voices and I think those opinions are not always entirely based on reality...
      How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

Almost everybody around me has moved to Mac, and I see even a lot of vB staff got a Mac, including myself.

Comment

Then you have a different circle of friends as mine...

What are your main problems with Vista Floris and how is this solved by switching to OSX?

I am in the process of buying a new 'PC' in 2009 and my feeling is to stick with Vista/Windows 7. Can you give me good reasons to consider a switch to Mac OSX?
          How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

I don't have any intention of switching to Macintosh computers. I also use Vista and have had no problems with the OS for over a year now. Two of my computers are using XP because they are over 5 years old. The others all use Vista because they are newer.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I've completely switched over to Macs. They do everything that I need them to do. I think Apple makes excellent products of high quality and their numbers are on the rise, including their market share.

Comment

I prefer OS X much more than Vista, but I really don't like being forced to use Apple hardware, so unless that changes, I won't be a Mac user ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by RichM View Post
                  I prefer OS X much more than Vista, but I really don't like being forced to use Apple hardware, so unless that changes, I won't be a Mac user ever again.
                  This is one of the reasons why I don't purchase a Macintosh. You lose too much freedom and control over both hardware and software selection for your computing needs. Before 2000, I was a diehard Apple fan as well. I don't feel a need to be a customer of theirs anymore though.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Grover View Post
                    Then you have a different circle of friends as mine...

What are your main problems with Vista Floris and how is this solved by switching to OSX?

I am in the process of buying a new 'PC' in 2009 and my feeling is to stick with Vista/Windows 7. Can you give me good reasons to consider a switch to Mac OSX?
                    If you get a new system, vista will probably run just fine on it.

I don't feel like defending my mac preference right now, sorry .. what I do with a system, and what I desire it to do .. osx does. Windows does not. It's besides some perfectly valid arguments, just a personal preference too. I like the GUI, I like proper native 64bit unix under the hood, I like how dialogs are displayed, how I don't have to slow my system down with a shell that scans everything every second, I like how it improves my workflow. I like how all the software is only a fraction of the windows versions (for the things i use). It feels less frustrating, and better for me. So I use it. If that was windows for me .. I'd be using windows.

Comment

Using PC.

I have an Mac Plus (1987) but the hard drive inside is dead (I want to change it). So, if i use it, I must to use System 6 on it

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X