Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    The basic model costs about $600.00.
    Thanks. I don't actually know much about Mac Mini's, but I could rattle off facts and figures about most other macs and iPods. I am such a geek. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by King Kovifor View Post
      For a little more, you can get Mac Pro (high end processor + tower).

True enough but after years of huge tower PC's I want to this nice small footprint that the Mini will give me. I seriously hope that Apple will be releasing a next revision for it.

Comment

Originally posted by bboy View Post
        True enough but after years of huge tower PC's I want to this nice small footprint that the Mini will give me. I seriously hope that Apple will be releasing a next revision for it.
        Rumors are the will. And for people who don't want the monitor or tower, they are a nice alternative. Call me an Apple Geek, but I have 1800+ Mac Rumor News RSS articles.

If you want me to look some up, give me a holler!

Comment

I would love to have a mac but can't afford it
          Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

i prefer Windows over MAC OSX

Comment

OSX every time

Having used both systems side by side for a number of years I'd go with OSX every single time without fail.

When I initially used OSX I will admit I was quite surprised at how the Finder works in comparison with exploder but I find I can get around the file system much more quickly using the column view (keyboard navigation) or spotlight than I ever could using exploder's tree view (constant clicking at + symbols).

I will admit that I haven't touched Vista, but this is with good reason. The fact that MS have came out and openly admitted that it's not finished yet is a serious turn off, besides it being a constant pain with questions asking if I'm sure I want to do something and then having it ask if I'm really sure (this is from friends and reviews I've read around the web).

For me, OSX allows me to just get on with whatever I'm doing, and I don't mind having to use Apple hardware for the privilege, at least that way I'm 99.999% certain that the OS is compatible with it.

Cheers,
              Robert
              Visit NoizPollution.com // Your Music Source

Do not PM or email me for support, you will not receive a response. Please post all requests for support in the main vBulletin forums or via the support system in the main members section of the site.

Comment

I enjoy running Windows Vista on Apple hardware.
                Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Noiz Pollution View Post
                  I will admit that I haven't touched Vista, but this is with good reason. The fact that MS have came out and openly admitted that it's not finished yet is a serious turn off, besides it being a constant pain with questions asking if I'm sure I want to do something and then having it ask if I'm really sure (this is from friends and reviews I've read around the web).
                  When did Microsoft ever "openly admit" that Vista wasn't finished yet? Sure, it had its bugs in the beginning, but so did XP and Leopard. No software is perfect. Also, UAC is annoying, but it really doesn't appear any more often than a password prompt would on Mac OS X. Also, realize that UAC is a transitional setup, designed to get people who've spent their lives running as admins on older versions of Windows used to running as a limited account full-time.
                  Forums

Comment

I always prefer a PC over Mac

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                      I enjoy running Windows Vista on Apple hardware.
                      He he:
                      http://arstechnica.com/journals/appl...r-macs-success
                      http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._to_vista.html

Comment

never had a mac or run linux, so can't comment. In fact I'm still using XP media edition. I like Vista, but certain things on my custom built PC are not supported by Vista. So oh well!

Comment

Okay? What's your point? I like Apple hardware and I really like Vista. Together, they make a good computing combo.
                          Forums

Comment

Okay? What's your point? I like Apple hardware and I really like Vista. Together, they make a good computing combo.
                            Just curious. When you say you like Apple hardware, are you talking about the specs or the looks?

Comment

Mac, Safari and FireFox

I have used Macs since 1984. Our bookkeeping dept runs FileMaker Pro on a 1994 Mac. They never die. I recently hauled off a truck load of Macs to recycling simply because they no longer could support "today's" software and internet. But they were functioning perfectly well, and continued to operate all the software of the era.

http://www.60-seconds.com/2007_image...od-bye_800.jpg

I use SAFARI however, have learned that many web sites are coded in non-standard, non-compliant code that screws up on a Mac. (Even some of the big names that should know better!)

So, get used to having FireFox in the dock as well. When something doesn't seem to work right in Safari, although it will be ugly, chances are it will work in FireFox. (The interface designers there don't have quite as much savvy as Mac developers!)

footnote:

In the 'day' we acquired hundreds of Macs from university auctions, refurbished them, and then donated them to schools, halfway houses, and kids club's facilities like Boys & Girls clubs, etc. The ones pictured in my pick-up are the ones left over in my warehouse some eight years later.
                              Last edited by dtg-forums; Thu 10th Jul '08, 4:58am. Reason: add the footnote about 'why' I had so many Macs

Comment

Nothing. You just prove that point (the articles are all about Apple hardware + vista).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X