Age of Conan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Conan

So, I'm playing Age of Conan it's fun, but people are complaining a lot on the forums that it's incomplete.

I just read someone say "Hey, at least our forums are fun and work properly!" and guess what, it's a vBulletin
    Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

People will always complain about a game. However today's MMOs don't get fleshed out for 6 months to a year after release. They are all rushed to market in hopes of being the "WoW Killer". Ignore the whiners in the forums. If you're having fun and feel that you're getting the value out of your money, that is all that matters.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Well the game played very nice in the first 20 levels, with npcs with full voice overs. But after things get harder as more time to finish quests and get to places, and no more voice overs. There are merits in their complaints, as the more you advance the less quests there are, but I like the company that makes it a lot, as I loved their previews games. I'm a little tired of the repetition of these games too, I think I'm getting old.

You play MMOs, right? Do you have anything to recommend?
      Dream
      Last edited by Dream; Fri 13 Jun '08, 1:14am.

Comment

It's pretty hard for any game that comes out because it will be compared and I doubt that any WoW gamer will change to a new MMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
          I just play WoW and a little City of Heroes/Villains from time to time. My wife plays Everquest 2 on occasion but I never purchased the game for my own computer.

Been thinking about picking up a copy of AOC to try out. Just haven't done so yet. Other than that, I mostly RTS games. Currently working through the Kane's Wrath expansion of C&C3. Looking forward to Starcraft 2 and Red Alert 3 as well.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Age of Conan's combat is quite fun, the story isn't too bad, but I doubt I'll renew after the 30 days. That's not because it's a bad game, I just don't play games on a monthly basis enough to justify the costs per month, I'd much rather play around with the story editor on The Witcher
            - TomJames

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              I just play WoW and a little City of Heroes/Villains from time to time. My wife plays Everquest 2 on occasion but I never purchased the game for my own computer.

Been thinking about picking up a copy of AOC to try out. Just haven't done so yet. Other than that, I mostly RTS games. Currently working through the Kane's Wrath expansion of C&C3. Looking forward to Starcraft 2 and Red Alert 3 as well.
              If you like the genre, then trying being your character on my role playing forum, You never know, you just may enjoy it. And besides, it *is* vBulletin,

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
                Well the game played very nice in the first 20 levels, with npcs with full voice overs. But after things get harder as more time to finish quests and get to places, and no more voice overs. There are merits in their complaints, as the more you advance the less quests there are, but I like the company that makes it a lot, as I loved their previews games. I'm a little tired of the repetition of these games too, I think I'm getting old.

Our forum is mostly for Dark Age of Camelot. I keep going back to the game because all the others get old fast and don't have the type of PvP I enjoy. Many of us on our forum tried AoC but not that many of us are sticking with it.

Check it out for more info: http://www.perforateartery.com/forum

Comment

Eh.. I have seen may reviews and screenshots with demos etc. Dosen't sound fun at all
                  Sound District

Comment

You don't like Conan, boobies and decapitation???

Comment

Pretty much all of the guys at the lan parties said they're going to switch over to AoC from WoW. With remarks like, "After playing AoC, WoW is like the Fisher Price of MMOs."

I might try it out to see what the fuss is about, but I don't think I'll give up on WoW until I get at least one of my characters up to a level 70. I guess that's the thing with them, having like 5 characters maxed out and exloring pretty much everything leaves you saying, "and now what?"

Comment

Don't rush, there are big holes in AoC's content.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X