Photos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos...

So for those of you who know a thing or two about photography... I would like some feedback on my first photos.

I have always been interested in photography. I always see great potential shots wherever I go... but I have never had what I consider a "good enough" camera to actually make a hobby of it... until now!

The best camera I have ever had was a silly little Kodak Easyshare C613, 6.2MP, yadda yadda yadda.
    Certainly nothing spectacular.

Last Monday, I bought a Canon Powershot S5 IS. 8.1MP, 12x optical zoom. It is quite perfect for what I was looking for: An advanced Point-and-shoot with good zooming capabilities.

Long story short, photography suddenly became a whole new thing to me! I am constantly shooting photos wherever I am. The neighbors think I'm psycho

So... here are some of the ones that I think are the best:

You can view my sets here --
    Nature Photography
    Animal/Wildlife Photography

I am certainly open for any comments or criticism you may have. I am very new to all of this. I think I have some pretty good shots so far... I am unsure though. I need opinions
    Regards,
    Nick

They are some nice shots Nick

I see photography as an art, so what people like/dislike is all subjective.

I would suggest joining a photography forum like the one at YoPhotographer (still in beta), where you get to see lots of photos others have taken, and you can then try to replicate what you like from other peoples shots.

I am pretty new to photography too and I'm still finding my feet as to what I think makes a shot work or not.

In saying that, it would be wise to pick up the basics, such as exposure.
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

nice

Comment

I like them, especially the first and last one
        - TomJames

Comment

Colour

Nick
          The colours in the last pic is very complementary to each other, I like it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X