Empty Chasis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty Chasis

Let's say I have an empty chasis and I want to build a server. What kind of things would I need (processor, RAM, internet connection, etc)?

motherboard, memory chip(s), power supply (a dual fan if it's a workhorse, or fast chipset), a HD or two, a backup device (tape/cdrw whatever makes ya happy), a floppy drive

normal goodies: keyboard, mouse, video card/monitor... (don't forget the power cords - grin)

10/100 net card or whatever type you want to use.

An OS and a wee bit of time to put it all together.

Sounds fun!

Bri

Comment

If this is a server for home... Get a Dual Machine Omniport (about $80.00 US) instead of duplicating mouse keyboard and monitor..

The omniport will let you use 1 monitor, mouse and keyboard for two machines. You switch over with the press of one switch. A server doesn't need these devices dedicated to them. Using the Omniport will save you some money and provide a slicker setup in your home.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X