Broken (Brand New) MacBook [No Warranty!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken (Brand New) MacBook [No Warranty!]

I feel asleep with my MacBook on my lap the other night and in the middle on the night it fell on the floor. That mourning I was greeted with the results. To make it even better, I don't even have a warranty.

It's fully on and working (apparently I was on AIM (well, iChat), one of my friends said) in those pictures. Too bad I can't see anything...

Oh dear!

You can still hook it up to a monitor....
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

I suppose I could, but I'm not going to use my 5 month old MacBook for the rest of its life via a monitor.

My friend already took it to the Apple store for me while I was at work (he was buying some RAM) and I got it back in the same condition. I have yet to find out why because I haven't actually talked to him yet.

I think I'm going to try to sign up for AppleCare now and see if I can then get it fixed.

Comment

Let us know how much the repair bill is... quite a bit I reckon!
        What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Try to get a new display (there are sites selling spare parts) and fix it yourself. It's not that hard but you need the tools.

I dissambled my three days old MacBook because one of the hinges was making a strange noise. I put it back together and it's running fine now.
          That's the end of that!

Comment

How does a 5 month old brand new pc have no warranty?

Why would you have even bought it without a warranty?

Comment

Perhaps he bought it secondhand, so it's a year old-new.

Comment

Apple's Standard Warranty is only covers defects in workmanship and materials. Since this is actually caused by negligance/accident they would not cover the damage under warranty anyway. It would have been covered under their extended warranty package, which of course costs extra. The first paragraph on page two of the warranty basically puts this damage outside of Apple's care.

http://images.apple.com/legal/warran...puwarranty.pdf

When they can sell the real warranty for $349 more, why package it for free?
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

This is a $700+ repair.
                  This is not covered by Applecare...

This also looks like the background I used to have on my macbook

Comment

What I don't get is how you can fall asleep with a laptop on your lap... If your tired you close it and put it away. What can of drop would do that to the monitor :O!?

Comment

Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
                      What I don't get is how you can fall asleep with a laptop on your lap... If your tired you close it and put it away. What can of drop would do that to the monitor :O!?
                      There are conditions where you can fall asleep at the drop of a hat, one such is narcolepsy.
                      Toddler from Hell

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                        There are conditions where you can fall asleep at the drop of a hat, one such is narcolepsy.
                        Unless it is a sudden onset of the disease, most people with this would keep expensive items on tables and desks so that they can be protected if it happens.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                          Unless it is a sudden onset of the disease, most people with this would keep expensive items on tables and desks so that they can be protected if it happens.
                          Of course, I'm just saying it can happen. People don't always do the smart thing, because they think their safety blanket of meds will carry the day.
                          People with narcolepsy drive cars, yet they know full well they can cause accidents. What's worse, society allows for this by allowing them to keep their driving licenses.
                          Toddler from Hell

Comment

Nice wallpaper..
                            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

You may want to look into this...

If you own a home double check to see if your homeowners insurance would cover such a thing. It doesn't hurt to check.
                              Bob- (pank)
                              pankpages.com / http://twitter.com/_pank

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X