• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yves Rigaud
    replied
    Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
    I tried to install vB 2 but I kept recieving database errors during install
    If you are with PHP5 and/or MySQL 4.1/5, this is normal, vB2 can run with PHP4/MySQL 3/4 only IIRC

Leave a comment:

• cbiweb
    replied
    It would be cool if there was an archive site of installed vBulletin's from 1.0 to 3.7 and beyond. Nice historical thing it would be.

As for the site mentioned above being possibly abandoned, it does seem to be, although one wonders why an abandoned site would be maintained all this time like that? Strange.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by cyburbia View Post
    Looks like a fresh stock install; there's no posts or customization. I wonder what the deal is with that site ...
    Possibly abandoned? The site itself looks inactive

I tried to install vB 2 but I kept recieving database errors during install, making it impossible to install/ continue beyond the 1st step (after entering customer license number).

I would however, reccommend that these old (deprecated/legacy) versions are in the list to download in the members' area so that we could have fun - or possibly, put a fresh install of these onto a vBulletin Software Archive (?). I have spent one whole day installing from the first vB in version 3 up till 3.7 - though it didn't kill all of my time (not that I'm asking them to be longer!)

Leave a comment:

• cyburbia
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin F View Post
    That's not vB 1

Here's a board running 1.1.6 with the default style: http://www.penkala.org/vbulletin/index.php
    Looks like a fresh stock install; there's no posts or customization. I wonder what the deal is with that site ...

Leave a comment:

• King Kovifor
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Considering that vBulletin has never been free or open source, including it in Fantastico would have been a violation of the license agreement.
    vBulletin Lite maybe? From that long ago?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by xjuliox View Post
    Has vBulletin ever been in fantastico? I could've swore seeing a old version of vbulletin in fantastico a couple of years back.
    Considering that vBulletin has never been free or open source, including it in Fantastico would have been a violation of the license agreement.

Leave a comment:

• xjuliox
    replied
    Has vBulletin ever been in fantastico? I could've swore seeing a old version of vbulletin in fantastico a couple of years back.

Leave a comment:

• rellek
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook View Post
    You really wanna kill time, run through the upgrades.
    Yes, it is. But you should take the time to spam your old version, so the updater has got some job to do :-)

Leave a comment:

• JakeS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook View Post
    I did that... it's fun actually

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Ashbrook
    replied
    Originally posted by rellek View Post
    Same here. I also have all Burning Board versions...

It's fun sometimes to install a very old version, just to kill time. And to see they wouldn't be useless even today (if they would work with current PHP and MySQL-Versions).

Leave a comment:

• MrNase
    replied
    vBulletin 3.6.8 as you can tell by the sourcecode.

Leave a comment:

• Watson
    replied
    Me 3, I have no idea why I keep it though. I also do a back up of everything and I backup my images everytime!!!!!! Don't ask me why

Leave a comment:

• rellek
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeS View Post
    Why don't you guys throw all versions of vBulletin in member download area? Anywho.. I have all versions from... vBulletin 2.3.5 ... on an external HDD. (However I have IPB 1.0 RC1 & up still on there too ) I keep older versions of stuff for historical purposes.. call me weird but I like looking at how it used to be from time to time
    Same here. I also have all Burning Board versions...

It's fun sometimes to install a very old version, just to kill time. And to see they wouldn't be useless even today (if they would work with current PHP and MySQL-Versions).

Leave a comment:

• JakeS
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin F View Post
    That's not vB 1

Here's a board running 1.1.6 with the default style: http://www.penkala.org/vbulletin/index.php
    That's pretty um.... old looking

Why don't you guys throw all versions of vBulletin in member download area? Anywho.. I have all versions from... vBulletin 2.3.5 ... on an external HDD. (However I have IPB 1.0 RC1 & up still on there too ) I keep older versions of stuff for historical purposes.. call me weird but I like looking at how it used to be from time to time

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeS View Post
    Weellll

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=uk

I guess that's it, but it looks to modern, says powered by 1.0.0 though.

PS: I can't read russion, there for don't hold me responsible for the content it may contain... that's to you vb staff, as I know you love to ban me, or give me an infraction (No offense intended)
    That's not vB 1

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X