Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vB Board of the Month - September....please vote!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck, c-pr0mpt...your forum is without a shadow of a doubt better than all the rest.

Mafia's sucks big fat....well...lemme just say I could make a better design using MS Paint.

Morr...

Comment

I agree with CJ about getting your forum members to vote for your board. At the very least it is in bad taste, this should be for vBulletin.com members. I thought about doing that as I know several hundred people on SitePoint who also run their own vBulletin boards. However I felt it was not right to do so. Heck I didn't even vote for the SitePoint Forums in July as I felt two others were better designed.

I would go so far as to suggest anyone actively promoting to get votes for their board get disqualified.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I couldn't agree more.

The one thing I suggest, or request is that when nominations go out someone PMS or emails the nominees. As I said, I had no idea I was even nominated until a member of my forum posted about it.

Also, out of curiosity..when does voting end?

Comment

c-pr0mpt Forum !!

Comment

Originally posted by c-prompt
            I couldn't agree more.

The one thing I suggest, or request is that when nominations go out someone PMS or emails the nominees. As I said, I had no idea I was even nominated until a member of my forum posted about it.

Also, out of curiosity..when does voting end?

At the end of the month

I agree with Wayne and CJ's comments about campaigning for voters from your own forum rather than this one. It really isn't on - it makes it an unfair contest for everyone involved.

Comment

Well there was not rules that stated that...so we did nothing wrong...I feel that if you passed wind in public its wrong, does that mean I should critize you just because I didn't tell you it bothers me...so it was asking the members that if you like the forum hey why not vote for us...Maybe the rules were clearly stated, we would not have done this...this was not spam email, it was frankly just an email to our MEMBERS, not members of VBulletin...So this is where I get mad...this is not an election for a prize of 100.00 let alone 1.00, its just for a little tiny graphic button...and pride...

so again I say we have broken no rules, so don't critize us because we got a little creative, and decided to tell our members of this vote...

And as far as some of these comments on here about our forums...go ahead and lets see you make better graphics with the resources that was ours at the time...
              Last edited by TheComputerGuy; Wed 5 Sep '01, 5:10pm.

Comment

Not spam huh? How about how on your forum you tell people to aim, msn, or icq anyone they know to vote for you. Is that spam in your eyes?? Probably not.

Nice guys.

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I could make a better design with MS Paint.

Morr...

Comment

See you accuse me of doing this, when I have done nothing first of all...you didnt post what I wrote, yet you accuse me of spam...you know what I think this is a crock, it has gotten out of control......
                    Here is what I wrote...
                    "Well I hope we win and I want to prove to everyone that this forum, is a great forum, and that hardwork and dedication is what pays off in the end...

so either way you know where my vote goes"
                    taken from url
                    http://www.webmafiaforums.com/showth...=&threadid=498

I have not spamed, and I have not asked for votes....
                    I can not control the board for which I do not own, I nominated the forum because it shows hard work, and the countless hours that it took just to get that far with images and such, some may say oh wew, but I tell you know with the resources we had to start that, I think it is the best forum out there.
                    So we may not be the greatest with graphics but we are an honest forum, with true people who care, and want to show others that you do not have to be complex and filled with image-love to be a good and decent person or forum in this case...

So as far as it goes, I back up all members of Web Mafia Forums, because they are nothing but good honest hard working people just trying to make it...they would help you out as much as they can.

Comment

Originally posted by b00t uP
                      [B]Not spam huh? How about how on your forum you tell people to aim, msn, or icq anyone they know to vote for you. Is that spam in your eyes?? Probably not.
                      I havent told anyone to do a thing sir, read the names and you will come to find out I am neither one of those people, but you already know that. Did you forget to post what I said about the vote..
                      just for those who are interested
                      http://www.webmafiaforums.com/showth...=&threadid=498

We did ot break the rules nor do I feel like we should be made out to look like we did...

Comment

Originally posted by b00t uP
                        Not spam huh? How about how on your forum you tell people to aim, msn, or icq anyone they know to vote for you. Is that spam in your eyes?? Probably not.
                        Nice guys.
                        Hmm....I would say that if they were on my ICQ or AIM that I know them and they are freinds of mine so I would feel ok with telling them. Or is telling people I know about something spamming them? You tell me smart ass!

p.s. I am not affiliated with the wmf in any way but I think some people here need to grow the hell up!

Comment

Actually it is. Because people are supposed to vote for this based on their opinion of it. If you receive a icq saying, "Go here and vote for this". If that person goes he/she is not voting for the right reasons. They're voting off of someone else telling them to.

Comment

Defending WMF

Hi, I am Dogma (from WMF) I don't get what is wrong w/ getting people to vote for us! Are we going to go back to the days where there were literacy tests to try to get African-Americans not to vote!! What is wrong with a little campagning?!?! Maybe I worded it wrong...what I should have said and what my intent was to have people show the contest to their friends (not spam on ICQ like those "See your Grandparents gettin' jiggy with it" messages you get) so that maybe we could get some votes. I have to be perfactly honest with you...i have told my friends about it and they have voted for c-pr0mt!
                            I don't tell ppl to spam...i asked people to help us out and maybe talk to people online...your right, that isn't spam in my eyes. Spam is when I go to a bunch of newsgroups, have a huge sig and continually post messages about the contest and to vote for WMF. I also thing that it is unfair to take that screen shot out of context. Take a look at it ( http://webmafiaforums.com/showthread...=&threadid=498 ) for the whole conversation

Also, i thought this was supposed to be a contest, not bash someones board. We didn't see or hear any rules about what we could do. But, in all the forums I've been to, you don't just go insulting other people's work (board)

I wish we we weren't in this position (doing something against the "rules" that wasn't in the rules) and I'd like to suggest that the rules be clearer and plainly stated for the next contest. In the schools they have a no hat rule...they don't just randomly assume that everyone knows not to wear hats on the first day!

I don't know how this will read to you, as someone may interpret something differently then I ment it...it happens all the time in BBs.

Comment

If I receive a icq saying, "Go here and vote for this" I would check it out and if I didn`t like it I wouldn`t vote for it. It`s called integrity, maybe most people don`t have that anymore.

That sort of thinking would be like not being able to campaign if I were running for president. I know that is an extreme example but it`s the same thought. If you don`t like something you don`t vote for it, enough said!

Comment

Our opinions on spam obviously differ.

I just personally don't think campaigning is fair for this type of contest. In any way.

People coming from your forum, or people coming from your members referrals are going to be bias for the most part. You cannot deny that. Yes, some will be fair, but most won't.

You guys told your members to vote for you. You did not say, "Go to vbulletin and check out the nominees and vote for the best."

BTW> I am not bashing your board. What got to me was Computerguys post. I then followed the link to your forums and saw those other posts. Those posts make you look worse than you are. (Judging you now by the above posts).

When I said, "You" in the post to computerguy I meant "staff of WMF". I should have been more specific.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X