Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer 8 BETA is out

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...8/default.mspx

i just installed it and its pretty cool. however, vb.org will not look right with IE8 enabled. you can emulate between IE8 ad IE7. if IE8 is enabled, some stuff on vb.org look all messed up, and turning on the IE7 it looks fine.

i dont know what would be causing the look to be way off, but if it is a problem on vb.org then IE8 might be a problem for a lot of forums using vbulletin so suggestion: vb staff might wanna get IE8 and start seeing what might be causing style problems with the new browser.

Make sure you only visit trusted sites... I would like to use its 'Developer Tools'... I do not like how Firefoxs firebug sometimes jumps all around.

Comment

i just went in the admincp and the left panel is all spaced out.

Comment

i just found the IE 8 option inside vb admincp options, but its not rendering the admincp left panel to IE 7 like it should. is that a bug?

Comment

Wasn't the beta out for few months now? Or was that a private beta I run?

Comment

Originally posted by GoTTi View Post
            vb staff might wanna get IE8 and start seeing what might be causing style problems with the new browser.

lol. Microsoft staff might wanna get vBulletin and start seeing why IE8 beta doesn't display the pages just like ANY other major browser does.
            That's the end of that!

Comment

3.7 has IE7 emulation option in the vboptions I believe ..

Comment

IE 8 beta is out for nearly more then 3 months

Comment

Yeah, its been out. I thought I had missed the release of Beta 2 somehow.

i dont know what would be causing the look to be way off, but if it is a problem on vb.org then IE8 might be a problem for a lot of forums using vbulletin so suggestion: vb staff might wanna get IE8 and start seeing what might be causing style problems with the new browser.
                  vBulletin 3.7.0 forces IE8 into emulation mode automatically so it renders properly.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

ya i see the option in admincp for ther emulate, but we all can't be living in a emulating world can we

i did however notice the admincp is not looking right even with the emulat ie7 option on.

Comment

ya i see the option in admincp for ther emulate, but we all can't be living in a emulating world can we

i did however notice the admincp is not looking right even with the emulat ie7 option on.
                      Close browser fully and open it up again. I have been using IE8 beta on emulation mode since it was released with no problems .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X