X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vtec44
    replied
    Originally posted by MrNase View Post
    I use the Question/Answer challenge but I think that's even more complicated for some users.
    Yeah, don't ask people what's the equation for The Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by bboy View Post
    Just curious if anyone has disabled CAPTCHA for registration now that the Question/Answer challenge (NoSPAM) has been integrated into 3.7.
    Question and Answer is actually easier to program for and break. Just build a database of questions for a site and pre-program the answers. You would need thousands of questions to have any semblance of protection.

The only reason it has worked for people so far is because no one is targetting their forums. Why develop tools against it when all the big boys still use captcha?

Leave a comment:

• 1QuickSI
    replied

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

Translation? hehe

Leave a comment:

• MrNase
    replied

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

Leave a comment:

• 1QuickSI
    replied
    I use the Question/Answer challenge but I think that's even more complicated for some users.
    The ACP really needs to be better organized sometimes but under which setting is the Q&A? Its morning and I am having a tough time finding it...laff...

edit

NM found it... just can not choose it along with another option Should be able to choose image verification or re-captcha and this.

Leave a comment:

• MrNase
    replied

Leave a comment:

• boogie box high
    replied
    Originally posted by bboy View Post
    Just curious if anyone has disabled CAPTCHA for registration now that the Question/Answer challenge (NoSPAM) has been integrated into 3.7.
    Yes, I use only question option since captcha brought me over 1.000 spammers. Enough is enough.

Leave a comment:

• Vtec44
    replied
    I have vBMail, so I don't use captcha/recaptcha/q:a for registration.

Leave a comment:

• Tolitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris View Post
    I use recaptcha, not captcha or q:a
    Ditto

- T

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I use recaptcha, not captcha or q:a

Leave a comment:

• bboy
    started a topic Has anyone disabled CAPTCHA since 3.7?

Has anyone disabled CAPTCHA since 3.7?

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X