hughesnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hughesnet

is there anyone using hughesnet on this board if there is are you able to use ftp..

i was just told they blocked access to ftp due to some limation (sp)
    im probably the only one who uses this. gosh i wish i lived in the city again....

I had looked into it a few years ago before there was DSL and cable service in my area. Never purchased it though. A friend's father has it but I haven't talked to the father in a couple of year.

You should check to see if there is Wireless DSL in your area. Its quite speedy and had a good range. My ex-wife has it and they get decent enough coverage to play games online. They live about 25 miles from the town center. Only other highspeed available to them is Satellite.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I have checked into them and nothing..
      what the real kicker is AT&T datacenter is only 2 miles down the road.. the people at AT&T told me your suppose to be so many feet from the datacenter..it was something 1500 feet or something like that and we are alittle over 1700 but they cant expand the dsl out this way. makes no sense..

Comment

They cant expand it 200 feet? AT&T isnt the best. We live in the city and somehow the lines will not support the top level package. I think we get 2600 for download and maybe 450 upload. Thats slow in my opinion.

Just because im curious, how much do you pay monthly for the satellite internet?

Comment

nope insane isnt we had AT&T before we moved out to the sticks.. and we had the highest speed they had which was 6
          cough cough cough 81.19 for 2 years then it drops like 20 bucks we have long ways to go since we just got this in dec.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmi View Post
            nope insane isnt we had AT&T before we moved out to the sticks.. and we had the highest speed they had which was 6
            cough cough cough 81.19 for 2 years then it drops like 20 bucks we have long ways to go since we just got this in dec.....
            $81.19 per month?? Holy crap! That is expensive! I'm paying $24.99 now so I guess I wont complain.

Comment

Insane isnt it.. im so hoping when everything switches over to digital in feb they will have either cable or dsl out here. becuz we are about to tell them to take their dish and put it where the sun dont shine..

Comment

Better be careful in that. You said you had a 2 year contract. What is the buyout clause on the contract? If there isn't one, then they can charge your for the remaining portion of your two year commitment in one fell swoop when you cancel.

I see that it has come down in price though. When I looked it was over a $100.00 a month. I find it kind of amazing that GM sold off the highly profitable DirecTV portion of their satellite services division and kept the under-performing satellite internet service.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Im not sure how it works i think it will be prorated.. but not totally sure my dh called them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X