Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay this is starting to drive me INSANE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay this is starting to drive me INSANE!

In Photoshop Elements 2.0, I have some text that I want to add a black border around, I've tried everything but nothing works... hoping one of you fine people can offer your assistance?
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

This is what I'm trying to do...

See the black outline around the pixelated text?

...that's what I need to do...
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Blending and Layer Options

Put a stroke of 1px on the layer you want to have the border.
      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Thanks but how do I get to that? I'm looking everywhere but can't find that option.

Comment

I do not know about elements vers, but in full photoshop you can select the layer, right click and load blending, then go to strike for example (or shadow or whatever which one you want) and set the values.

Comment

Like Floris, don't know Elements either. Why not use the official PS? Anyways, that one was rhetorical.

Select the Text Layer in your Layers List

Then on the menu commands

Layer > Layer Style > Stroke > Size - change to 1px > Color - change to 000000

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...666/stroke.jpg

If 1 pixel isn't enough, use more on the Size

Comment

As far as I am aware, there is no way to do this easily in Photoshop Elements. I am using 6.0 and it doesn't have this feature. You would have to create two layers. Your bottom layer is the black border. This should be a couple pixels larger than your actual text. Then you would place the white text layer on top of this to get the effect that you want.

Photoshop Elements isn't meant to be a full-fledged image editor. It is designed to quickly and easily manipulate digital photos off of camaras. You can easily adjust skintones, remove redeye, correct color, light or darken photos and remove contrast.

You could probably do this in GIMP so you don't have to pay the high price of Photoshop CS3 (I think its $549.00 to upgrade from Elements).
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I would wait with upgrading to Cs3, cs4 is around the corner now and a worthy upgrade.

Comment