Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ever felt the need to take a break from your own site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ever felt the need to take a break from your own site?

I've been running a forum for a little under a year now... and we have made some great advances as a site...

I love the people... well... most of them...

but sometimes I wonder if I am too involved in my own site.

it's almost as though I wish people didn't know that I was running things, as if they thought I was just one of the members as some quiet person ran it.

my social and leadership personalities are conflicting and I just feel the need to get away from my own forum before people start to feel less than happy feelings as a reflection of my site...

I dont exactly know where to go though.

and I am kinda protective of my site, I hate the idea that if I go for a little while that it will get quiet and people might leave...

I know, it's a bit OCD... and I am aware my members are not just hanging around by a thin string... heck, most regulars have a few thousand posts each...

but still, I feel like I need to get away from it for a while and yet am too afraid to actually get away :\

anyone else ever felt this way? especially with an estabished yet still simi-new board?
    §èè¥ä§;
    Sykko

Sure, everyone needs a bit of a break...
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Sykko View Post
      I've been running a forum for a little under a year now... and we have made some great advances as a site...

I love the people... well... most of them...

but sometimes I wonder if I am too involved in my own site.

it's almost as though I wish people didn't know that I was running things, as if they thought I was just one of the members as some quiet person ran it.

my social and leadership personalities are conflicting and I just feel the need to get away from my own forum before people start to feel less than happy feelings as a reflection of my site...

I dont exactly know where to go though.

and I am kinda protective of my site, I hate the idea that if I go for a little while that it will get quiet and people might leave...

I know, it's a bit OCD... and I am aware my members are not just hanging around by a thin string... heck, most regulars have a few thousand posts each...

but still, I feel like I need to get away from it for a while and yet am too afraid to actually get away :\

anyone else ever felt this way? especially with an estabished yet still simi-new board?
      Yeah I guess I find that as well sometimes, take a holiday somewhere which means only checking it like once a day and come back refreshed
      - TomJames

Comment

If you have multiple admins and you feel like you need a break - take it.

I've learned this helps.

Comment

I just got back from a short camping trip. I guess you can call that a break since I asked my other admin to look over the forums for me. She did a great job.
          So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

yeah... I've got a 2nd admin... and I know he could deal with stuff while I was away...

I like the idea of getting out of town and forcing myself to not have any internet access!

maybe I should arrange myself a vacation just for that I never really thought of it that way before... vacations were usually a way away from work... but now that my forum seems to be getting rather serious perhaps it could be more about getting away from it :lool:
            §èè¥ä§;
            Sykko

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X