Protecting my license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting my license

Just a quick question and search didn't turn up what I was looking for. I am getting ready to sell one of my websites. I am not including the vb license for the forums I have on that site and have made that very clear to those interested in buying the site.

My question is how do I protect my license and make sure they don't take it? I am letting them have the database from the forums but I've told them if they want to continue using the vb forum installed that they need either a leased or owned license to replace my license.

Is it just a matter of swapping their license number into the forums software or is it more involved than that? If they choose to not use vbulletin how do I make sure they don't get ahold of my license?

They can't take it unless you give them all your personal information, your customer number, your password and the answer to your secret question. Personally, I would just remove the software by deleting the files and tell them they get the database and have to purchase their own license to use it.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

thank you for the reply

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X