Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any of your forums reacted badly to 3.7.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have any of your forums reacted badly to 3.7.0?

I am wondering whether anyone else is having this issue. I upgraded to 3.7.0 and at the start everyone was happy and then they started criticizing it. They say
    • I don't like the friends thing - it excludes other members and i feel left out
    • I don't like the public wall - anyone can see what is posted, it should be for friends only.
    • I wont use it, it is too whizz bang
    • What is tags they are stupid

Has anyone else had this feedback or is it just me?
    My Beauty and Makeup Forum you know you want to...

Only issue I've seen so far is that it the WYSIWYG icons appear funky, though it might be an issue with the CSS... still running it through the ropes so it's early for me to tell if it's a detriment...

Then again, everyone always tries to resist change... I remember my users opposing the reputation and infraction system when it came out, but they eventually got used to it... I'm sure yours would eventually warm up to it...

- T
    OPEN TECH SUPPORT
    "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

That's why I disabled most of the new features.
      That's the end of that!

Comment

I few users who have seen the new profiles are not looking forward to when we upgrade but I think they will get used to that. People simply don't like change .

Comment

My users are some of the older and more conservative times....and they love it!
          Some of the users finally have some friends.

Comment

Originally posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
            Some of the users finally have some friends.
            lol.

---MAD---: Sooo true. Even explaining to them that the future is better doesn't help.
            That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by jhei21 View Post
              I don't like the public wall - anyone can see what is posted, it should be for friends only.
              This can be limited to contacts and moderators only in the User CP under Edit Options.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I planned to upgrade but am not at the end. Most of the features are just fluff.

I know my members will hate the lightbox feature, hell, I hate it myself. I can't stand the fact that everytime I accidently roll the mouse over an attachment it goes into lightbox mode.
                DMCTalk.com forums - For DeLorean owners and enthusiasts.

Comment

Originally posted by iardon View Post
                  I planned to upgrade but am not at the end. Most of the features are just fluff.

I know my members will hate the lightbox feature, hell, I hate it myself. I can't stand the fact that everytime I accidently roll the mouse over an attachment it goes into lightbox mode.
                  You can change that to requiring a click, right?
                  Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua View Post
                    You can change that to requiring a click, right?
                    I don't know. I was told by Floris that if you have thumbnails enabled you will have lightbox as well.

Doesn't matter, I'm not a fan of any of the other new features as well.
                    DMCTalk.com forums - For DeLorean owners and enthusiasts.

Comment

Originally posted by iardon View Post
                      I don't know. I was told by Floris that if you have thumbnails enabled you will have lightbox as well.

Doesn't matter, I'm not a fan of any of the other new features as well.
                      You can disable the lightbox feature, or have it for hover, onclick, or both.

As for my users... haven't upgraded my live site yet. Working on it through localhost to update the style and work on some other custom features before I do. I think they'll like them though, since I know they will make use of them.
                      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Upgraded at Beta 3 and my members love it. The only feature I disabled was Social Groups and that's because we already had a decent moderated system in place that didn't require extra code.
                        Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                          This can be limited to contacts and moderators only in the User CP under Edit Options.
                          Thank you i didnt know this.

Comment

Originally posted by jhei21 View Post
                            I am wondering whether anyone else is having this issue. I upgraded to 3.7.0 and at the start everyone was happy and then they started criticizing it. They say
                            • I don't like the friends thing - it excludes other members and i feel left out
                            • I don't like the public wall - anyone can see what is posted, it should be for friends only.
                            • I wont use it, it is too whizz bang
                            • What is tags they are stupid
                            Has anyone else had this feedback or is it just me?
                            Thats interesting to read your Feedback, what type of site do you have?

I havent upgraded yet, Im hoping members dont think the new features are too complex... I have members who find it hard to set up a signature or attach a pic to a post. ....

Comment

Originally posted by SSandgirls View Post
                              Thats interesting to read your Feedback, what type of site do you have?
                              Its a cosmetic forum. Ages are right across the board but almost exclusively female.
                              Originally posted by SSandgirls View Post
                              I havent upgraded yet, Im hoping members dont think the new features are too complex... I have members who find it hard to set up a signature or attach a pic to a post. ....
                              Some people did think they are too complex and i have just told them not to stress, they dont need to use them. Feedback has been really mixed. Some people love the changes, other people not so much.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X