This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invision Announces IPB 3.0 - Fourth Quarter 2008

I own licenses to both vBulletin & Invision, as such I thought that I would take the time and update everyone here about the latest developments happening in the forum software industry.

Yesterday it was announced that Invision will be releasing IPB 3.0 during the fourth quarter of 2008. The vague listing of new features is impressive and they didn't even mention half of what will be new in the software!

My question is now that Jelsoft has increased the license costs of their forum software, will vBulletin 4.0.0 be on the way in the near future? Can it compete against IPB 3.0?

These are exciting times for those of us with an active IPB license & I for one will be looking forward to 3.0 & seeing what vBulletin will be bringing to the table. Competition always makes for a better product.

We are moving rapidly on IP.Board 3.0 development along with its related IP.Blog, IP.Gallery, and IP.Downloads updates. As we approach being able to post these updates for a preview and an eventual release we think we are getting close enough that we can start talking about some of the new features we have planned.

I will be purposely vague in this first blog entry about IP.Board 3.0's development and let our development staff get into detail in future blog entries. While not promising a set schedule, you can expect an update from a developer almost weekly going into detail about a specific change or new feature.

Our full new feature list is very long but here is a sampling for everyone. Our development team will go into detail about each one in the coming weeks and also introduce all the other additions not mentioned in this introduction.

Interface
    There will be a great focus on usability and streamlining functions. The introduction of a new template engine which allows for multiple default template sets, easier skin editing, and a brand new default skin is something we are very excited about. Search engine friendly URLs will not only make your community more interesting to search engine spiders but allow for more human-friendly linking.

Read more

Did you miss this? http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269203
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

This is turning ugly...
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Yes I did miss that. Thanks for pointing it out.
        I do find it a bit shady to say the least that it was locked for supposedly promoting IPB.

This thread is not to promote IPB but rather to discuss the important developments taking place in the forum software industry. If this gets locked, then Vbulletin will be known for censorship & I won't be renewing even if vBulletin 4 is great.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X